Deputy F&B Manager
Deputy F&B Manager
Hatfield AL9 7AT
£19k - £23k DoE
Brookmans Park Golf Club
A well-respected and busy private members golf club set in over 200 acres of countryside near Potters Bar in Hertfordshire, require a Deputy F&B Manager.
The prospective candidate must have good customer service skills, as a strong emphasis is placed on looking after our members by providing excellent service at all times, alongside executing a large number of private functions and events.
Reporting directly to the Food & Beverage Manager, this is an operational role which requires good knowledge of how to run a busy bar, catering operation and to manage staff accordingly.
This role requires experience either as an Assistant Hospitality Manager or as a Bar Supervisor looking for progression. Own transport is essential due to location and shift patterns.
Personal licence desirable but not essential.
Main Duties of the successful Deputy F&B Manager:
- Support the F&B Manager to run the Bar and Food Service operation in its entirety.
- Support the F&B Manager to comply with the current Health & Safety legislation, as well as Food safety protocol is essential.
- Support the F&B Manager with external event inquiries, organising appointments for venue visits, and correspondence thereafter.
- Support for the interview and selection of all staff employed within the Bar & Service Team as well as disciplinary matters, working with the F&B Manager.
- Prepare and deliver staff training and procedures for all tasks ensuring adequate support is available for staff to ensure a quality service is always offered.
- Promote and execute events to the requirements of the client, be it club or external.
- Ensure the house and all facilities are maintained in a clean and presentable fashion at all times, working with the maintenance and support team.
- Ensure all paperwork is maintained as required in conjunction with the support team.
Specific Duties of the successful Deputy F&B Manager:
- Support the F&B Manager to run the Bar and Catering facilities efficiently and effectively, including stock rotation, reducing and recording wastage, staff management.
- Procurement of beers, wines, spirits, snacks and consumables.
- Preparation of dispensing equipment (optics, refrigerators, drip trays, beer pumps)
- Open and Close the bar area
- Preparation of bar stock for sale.
- “Hands on” management of the cellar including line cleaning and maintenance.
- To ensure you and your staff are presentable at all times and wear the agreed attire.
- To comply with all legislative processes involved concerning the day to day operation of the Club regarding licencing law and employment law.
- Deliver social events at the club as well as external functions to a high standard as required by our guests.
- Deputise for the F&B Manager in their absence
If you feel that you meet the criteria of the Deputy F&B Manager then please apply!