Pide Chef - London
- Full Time
Babaji is an all day restaurant offering contemporary, authentic Turkish cuisine, conceived by Alan Yau. A globally acclaimed restaurateur, his vision has created revolutionary food concepts such as Wagamama, Busaba Eathai, the Michelin starred Hakkasan, Yautcha, Princi, Cha Cha Moon and Sake No Hana.
The heart of Babaji is the traditional wood fire oven. Central to the menu is Pide, Turkish pizza, topped with fragrant fresh ingredients and cooked in the wood fired oven. Working with fresh and high quality ingredients, every dish on the menu is lovingly prepared and presented by highly skilled chefs and served by a dedicated, welcoming and intuitive team.
The sublime menu offering is complimented by an exquisite list of Turkish, alcoholic and nonalcoholic, drinks, teas and coffees.
Service is informal, yet efficient; instinctively warm and sincere in the Turkish tradition.
Babaji brings the unique and vibrant culture, cuisine and energy of Istanbul to Soho, the very heart of cosmopolitan London.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Pide Chef has arisen to join our team.
As a Pide Chef, you will work on the wood fired Pide section based in the open plan kitchen, so your flair and expertise with the dough and focus on customer service is an integral part of the Babaji dining experience.
You will make authentic Turkish Pide from scratch, to order and using fresh ingredients to achieve Babaji sublime product flavors. You will ensure that every single dish served is executed to the brand standards. You will communicate effectively and work well within a team whilst delivering exceptional service.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Passion for creating and delivering authentic, high quality Turkish cuisine
• Proven experience working with a wood-fired oven
• Excellent Pide dough making and cooking skills
• Enthusiasm and will enjoy a dynamic and fast paced environment
• Motivation to learn and progress
In return we offer:
• 28 days holiday, inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays per holiday year
• Competitive remuneration package
• An environment that will enable you to develop
• Career development and training as you progress within the company
• Meals on duty
• Child care voucher scheme Full time opportunities are immediately available. You will have to be flexible with the working shifts and hours.