5 days left
- Full Time
New opportunity not to be missed! Aspen Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Coder to join the team based in Sheffield. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, the Clinical Coder will receive a competitive salary.
We are proud to be 'Individually different. Altogether better' and it is only through our people that we will achieve our mission to:
“Provide first-class independent healthcare for the local community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families”.
Claremont Hosptial places a strong emphasis on the availability of accurate clinical coding to ensure that the Hospital is fully complaint with all current requirements. Clinical Coding plays a crucial role in ensuring that the Hospital recieves the correct income for the NHS activity through the ‘Payment by Results’ process and via local spot purchase contracts.
Key duties of the Clinical Coder
- Abstract, analyse and enter correctly coded data into PAS system within agreed timescales to deliver accurate, timely and complete clinically coded data, for any Aspen Sites
- Work as part of the clincial coding and wider hospital to promote continuous learning and improvement
- Participate fully in both internal and external audits
- Develop strong working relationship with other key stakeholders including but not limited to, Clinicals, 3rd Party Groups and Hospital Management
- Deal with complicated queries; liaise with clinicians and attend multi-disciplinary team meetings where required.
- Locate and collate all appropriate source material e.g. missing case notes, histology etc.
- Liaise with colleagues to distribute workload to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Check relevant patient information relating to other contractual requirements, including but not limited to CQUINS / LIS and input into relevant databases.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by the Clinical Coder
- Accredited Clinical Coder (ACC)
- Good general standard of academic achievement.
- Be able to prioritise workload in order to meet organisational and national targets.
- Knowledge of the importance of clinical coding and its uses and an understanding of data quality issues
- Awareness of the impact of clinically coded data
- Understanding of medical terminology and abbreviations
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- The ability to question by reasonable argument
- Understanding the need to ensure that any decisions regarding coding are effectively communicated within the coding department
- Participate in and support complex coding audits/spot checks as appropriate to ensure high standards of information.
- Having worked as a Clincial coder for at least 3 years
- Qualification in Human Biology (Desirable)
- Having worked in a Prvate Healthcare Setting with a substantive NHS contract (Desirable)
- Experience of Compucare or simialr PAS (Desirable)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of national poilicy developments in clincial coding (Desirable)
If you feel you have the skills and knowledge to become our Clinical Coder, please click apply now.
No agencies please
Apply for Clinical Coder
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly