Accounts Assistant – Finance Team – Sales Ledger – Credit Control (AWDO-P2893)
Finance / Accounts Assistant with good analytical and customer service skills required to for a busy Finance Team with a European Company based in Leeds City Centre, West Yorkshire.
SALARY: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
BONUS PAYMENTS: There is the potential to earn up to one month’s salary
BENEFITS PACKAGE: 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays, Car Park Season Ticket 24x7, Pension Scheme, Death in Service Cover, Income Protection Insurance. Plus the opportunity to join a well-established, innovative European Company
We have a fantastic new job opportunity available for a Finance / Accounts Assistant that has Sales Ledger and Credit Control experience.
Working as the Finance / Accounts Assistant you will report directly to the Transactional Services Manager at the Company’s Head Office.
As the Finance / Accounts Assistant you will gather the financial information on Sales Ledger in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures whilst ensuring the quality and completeness of financial information on the sales ledger and level of Company debts.
Your responsibilities as the Finance / Accounts Assistant will also include processing, maintaining and cancelling the Company’s city centre season ticket applications as well as identifying and chasing payments due whilst delivering top level customer service to both internal and external customers.
If this looks like your ideal job and you would like to be considered for this vacancy please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Deal with client account and season ticket queries by telephone and email ensuring excellent customer service and timely response to season ticket queries
- Liaise with internal departments and sites to resolve customer season ticket issues
- Assign season ticket payments on a daily basis from a banking report, cash and cheques, to relevant accounts to maintain an understanding of monies due and invoices paid
- Process and respond to ticket cancellation in a timely manner and update key Company personnel on ticket cancellations on a monthly basis. Complete all paperwork, cancel contract and raise any credit note due in the month that the cancellation came in, in order to avoid further invoices being raised, and revenue being over stated
- Set up new accounts, raise invoices and organise site contract tickets, within 48 hours of application form being received
- Processing and reconciliation of payments received
- Filing for customer accounts to be done daily
- Raise and distribute monthly, quarterly, annual season ticket invoices along with ad hoc invoices as required, ensuring that the ad-hoc invoices are raised prior to the end of the month that the revenue relates
- Perform credit control and implement the debt recovery procedure including telephone, email letters and statements. Create a stop list after all efforts of recovery have failed and forward debts to the Recovery Agent
- Update debtor reports on a daily basis for payments received
- Produce site by site debtor reports for Area/Operations Managers
- Update and maintain season ticket contract Lists. Update the relevant site waiting list. Liaise with Area/Operations Managers regarding availability and changes, contact waiting list name re availability
- Assist the Transactional Services Manager or any other person within the business on various ad hoc projects
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Good working knowledge of financial procedures and legal requirements
- Financial & commercial awareness
- Good analytic skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Good communications skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible approach and ability to prioritise workload whilst working under pressure to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Ability to organise own workload and maintain a high degree of organisation
- Experience in Sales Ledger, Credit Control and working with databases
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Accountancy Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Leeds, West Yorkshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency