Laser / Brake Press Operator (CNC)
Laser / Brake Press Operator (CNC)
A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Laser Operator to join the unique heavy engineering environment at Calder Industrial Materials. If you thrive working in a fast paced environment within both a team and autonomously, this role is not to be missed.
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with headquarters based in Chester, with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide. In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
Reporting to the Fabrication Shop Supervisor, as a Laser / Brake Press Operator you’ll be responsible for operating, setting and programming the CNC cutting machine and CNC brake press, in line with internal production requirements. Your duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Punching, laser cutting, folding and final assembly of finished product
- Loading and unloading materials for laser
- Ensuring laser and brake press are operated safely at all times
- Maintaining adequate stock at all times
- Operating brake press and/or hand tools such as guillotines, as and when required
- Carrying out routine maintenance and cleaning the laser
- Ensuring all operating conditions are correct before commencing manufacture
- Maintaining accurate records of production, and any other operational data as requested by the Fabrication Shop Supervisor / Manager
- Highlighting and communicating any minor faults which may arise and potentially cause delay to production
To be considered for this Laser / Brake Press Operator role you will have the following experience, knowledge, skills and attributes;
- Previous experience working as a Laser Operator
- Experience working within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience with sheet metal cutting, forming and sheet metal parts manufacture
- Superb organisational and communication skills
- IT literacy
- Ability to work efficiently within a team and autonomously
Experience working with LVD machines is desirable, although not essential.
Salary: £18,551 per annum. Shift / overtime rates apply when applicable.
Additional Benefits: Contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and free onsite car parking.
Contract Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours: 36 hours per week
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday, 7:00am – 4.30pm
This Laser / Brake Press Operator vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Calder Industrial Materials. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Calder Industrial Materials, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Calder Industrial Materials requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.