Fantastic opportunity not to be missed! LICKALIX has an exciting opportunity for a Lolly Production Manager to join the team based in London. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary starting from £18,000-£25,000 based on previous experience + bonus scheme based on company performance.
Following on from our successful crowd raise and second season, LICKALIX has expanded rapidly. We have gone from a small niche lolly brand with a year of R&D behind us to a national brand in a multiple outlets and routes to market including Ocado and Jamie Oliver’s restaurants.
We are looking for a Lolly Production Manager to run LICKALIX’s production facility.
Work along side one of the directors, as we build the first real fruit lolly production kitchen in the EU! We are establishing LICKALIX with national distributors and many retail outlets across the UK. The new lolly production facility will allow us to service demand and meet the growing trend across the UK that consumers want healthier alternatives.
LICKALIX was launched in April 2014. However, the real growth will come in 2015 and 2016 as we apply the resources the crowd funding raise has provided. As such the role within the company will be both varied and exciting. Be prepared for quite a ride!
The overall function will be to assist the directors as they grow the business, with specific focus on managing the lolly kitchen, production, food safety processes, R&D & quality control. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and progress with the company. There will be few restrictions if the candidate demonstrates the potential to achieve. Our objective is for the candidate to make the role their own and establish themselves as a leader of a small and effective production team in the coming years.
Main responsibilities & duties of the Lolly Production Manager
- Leading kitchen team during production days
- Preparing for production days
- Lolly stock control
- Ingredient stock control
- Sourcing and reviewing ingredient suppliers
- Making sure cleaning schedules are adhered to
- Making sure all SALSA processes and policies are being met
- In charge of deliveries in & out of kitchen
- Evolve and tweak lolly kitchen processes to be as efficient as possible
- R&D of new lolly flavours, ingredients and textures
- R&D of new products other than lollies
- Preparing the lolly mobiles for events with a colleague in marketing & events
This role will not involve making lollies in the kitchen everyday of the week. On days where you will not be in the kitchen you will be assisting other team members in such tasks as:
- Supporting the sales team
- Delivering products to clients
- Sales research
- Attending "on the street" events as part of the events team
- Supporting the marketing team in PR, social media, events and other marketing activities
- Supporting the office management duties with a founder
Training / Career development
- Food safety training
- SALSA training
- The aim would be to grow this role into Kitchen Manager and head up a team and overview all things to do with lolly production
Key characteristics and skills needed by the Lolly Production Manager
- Strong data recording skills
- Able to manage and lead a small production team
- Fast learner and eager to get stuck in
- Reliable with timekeeping and discreet with all confidential information
- Full clean driving license
- An interest in good quality food & ingredients
- A good palate for flavour tasting
- Understanding of flavour combinations
- Imagination to work on new flavours
- Previous food experience, training or qualification
- Working day 8.00am to 5.00pm when in kitchen, 9.00am to 6.00pm when in office
- To start: Nov / Dec 2016
Lolly kitchen: London (Acton/Willesden)
- Starting from £18-25K based on previous experience + bonus scheme based on company performance
- 20 days holiday + extra Christmas holiday days – holidays to be prioritized in autumn and winter
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Lolly Production Manager please click ‘Apply’ now.
NO AGENCY INTEREST PLEASE