Finance Director – Housing Association
Are you an experienced Finance specialist that wants to work in an award winning business? Are you an excellent leader with the drive to make a change within an already growing organisation?
We are currently working on behalf of one of the largest Housing Associations in the North, who are looking for a high-level professional to effectively manage and control the Group’s financial affairs. This is an extremely senior role, joining a forward-thinking, exciting organisation and would be suitable for someone looking to manage a large team, whilst supporting the CFO to lead on further commercial development of the Group.
The overall purpose of this role is to develop, recommend and implement the Group’s financial strategy, its Business plan, its Treasury Strategy and the Value for Money Strategy.
• Support the CFO and the Board with the effective management and control of the Group’s financial affairs.
• Write comprehensive business plan documents to include all financial data
• Prepare and monitor the Group’s annual budget and long term Business Plan, with support from the Head of Treasury
• Promote and represent the Group at local and national meetings and with other housing related organisations
• To be the lead Director for all current and emerging issues concerned with Finance
• Monitor ongoing performance against budget and business plan, whilst identifying factors that might impact beyond the budget year
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a Qualified Accountant
• Have proven experience of working with complex statutory accounts
• Experience delivering efficiency and effectiveness from the Finance function
• Have strong and effective communication and leadership skills
• Be able to deliver clear direction, set standards of behaviour whilst delegating effectively
• Have experience of Board reporting
The right candidate may currently be called Head of Finance, Senior Finance Manager, Group Financial Controller, Finance Manager and Assistant Director of Finance. Ideally you will have an appreciation of working in the not-for-profit sector.
Remuneration: £80-90K + Benefits Package.