CAREGiver / Care Assistant / Support Worker
We are looking for warm, compassionate & reliable Care Givers.
This will be a fantastic opportunity for a person with a genuinely caring nature to join an established team making a positive difference in the lives of others and their local community. This could be the start of a very rewarding career with great benefits and also can offer you a work life balance.
We supply person centred and bespoke services to our clients across the whole of Calderdale from early morning until late at night. We strive to deliver the highest standards of support and change peoples lives for the better, maximising their independence. All of our clients receive minimum of one hour’s visits and our Care Givers are not rushing around all day.
We know that our Care Giver’s can become the most important people in our clients lives and play an essential role in their everyday well being and improving quality of life.
We have a unique matching service where clients and Care Giver’s are matched based on location, personality, interests, life experience, etc. This means that you will be working in your local area and providing quality continuity of care, which will make real differences to the small group of individuals that you will be regularly supporting. We believe that consistent contact enhances our client’s emotional and psychological well-being.
We enable clients to stay in the comfort and security of their own homes by: Accompanying clients on appointments, shopping trips or other outings, Providing personal care and companionship at home, Helping to prepare meals and some light domestic duties.
No experience is necessary as we have a comprehensive training programme delivered by a supportive, friendly and approachable team.
- Genuinely passionate about delivering high quality care
- Compassionate & empathetic
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient & understanding
- Responsible including reliability and punctuality
- Big smile and positive attitude
- Good sense of humour
- Common sense
- Basic numeracy & literacy skills
- Strong team player
- Willingness to learn and develop your knowledge
What we offer
- Full training
- Mileage allowance
- Hourly pay rate starting at £7.85
- Enhanced rate of pay for bank holidays
- Holiday scheme
- Comprehensive induction with certificates given
- Care certificate (CQC competency assessment)
- Continuous professional development
- Opportunity to work towards QCF levels 2/3 (formally known as NVQ) Health & Social Care
- Specialist training e.g. end of life care, dementia, etc.
- Full support throughout employment including regular observations, supervisions & appraisals
- PT & FT positions available
- Equipment provided
- 24hr emergency on call line
- Local work & flexible
- Career progression, many of our managers & supervisors started off as carers
- Generous staff referral bonus scheme
- Social interaction
- People orientated working environment
- Matching service
Position subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check
If you want to work for a nurturing, rewarding & committed employer who values staff and those we care for, please contact Lisa on 07824 901310 for more information.