Islington Medium Learning Disability Supported Living Services (Cutbush House and Minerva Lodge)
Full time - 38 hours per week
Salary: £30,300 per annum
Based: Islington, London, N7
Job Ref: SM2006
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Service Manager to lead and motivate our teams to provide meaningful support that will make a real difference to the people living in our Islington Medium supported living services.
The Service Manager post involves managing 2 Supported Living Schemes;
Cutbush House - a supported living scheme for 8 adults who have moderate learning disabilities with several being diagnosed with autism, mental health and some dementia needs as well as some physical disabilities.
Minerva Lodge - a supported living scheme for 9 adults who have moderate and more severe learning disabilities with several being diagnosed with autism, mental health and some dementia needs as well as some physical disabilities.
About the Role
* You will work within the values and spirit of the organisation to engage, enable and empower customers to achieve their goals and ambitions where they are able within a person centred approach.
* You will develop and motivate deputy managers and support workers to be positive and enthusiastic about their work and to deliver high quality and personalised support.
* You will work with the deputy managers to develop systems to enable support hours to be used creatively and flexibly to meet the needs of the people we support.
* You will lead teams to develop support plans and risk assessments that reflect people's needs, preferences and aspirations; creating a culture where plans are actively implemented and reviewed so that people are supported in the way that they want.
* You will work with our Quality and Involvement Teams to deliver a service that meets and aims to exceed the expectations of the people we support, their funders and the local authority.
For 40 years, the organisation has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London. Set up by parents of disabled children looking for alternatives to institutional care provision, Our aim is to support customers to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, accept responsibilities and develop as individuals. Supporting the people we are supporting to make positive choices and take advantage of good opportunities.
You will share our values and passion to engage, enable and empower vulnerable adults to lead the lives they want. Using your experience of working in a similar setting you will have developed the skills you need to engage and motivate a team to provide creative and flexible services that make a positive difference to people's lives. Autism knowledge and experience is desirable.
As the Service Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a high quality support service for adults with a range of needs, through making sure the service adheres to all the relevant legislative and performance standards, contract compliance. You will be able to easily interpret and apply policy into practice, including principles and practices of safeguarding adults at risk, budget management, health and safety, mental capacity act and upholding the rights of customers to be involved at all levels of decision making as well as achieving good outcomes for customers.
You will be required to work some evenings, weekends and bank holidays. You may also be asked to do an occasional sleep-in and will provide regular out of hours on-call support for which additional payment will be made.
How to apply
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude for the above role, please click 'Apply'. We will then send you details of how to progress your application.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 24th November 2016.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 6th December 2016.