Design Engineer, Thame - Banbury
Here at Lucy Electric, a leader in secondary power distribution solutions, we are looking for a Design Engineer to join our growing team based in Thame - Banbury.
We have over 100 years’ industry experience and specialise in high-performance medium voltage switchgear for utility, industrial and commercial applications. We enable the safe and reliable distribution of energy to homes and businesses worldwide.
As our Design Engineer, you will produce engineering drawings and bills of materials for our production facilities. Create new options to meets our customers’ needs and to provide engineering support to all engineering departments and production facilities within the Lucy group. The role will be based at Lucy Thame or Lucy Banbury in the UK, although travel within the UK and overseas may be required.
Responsibilities of a Design Engineer include:
- Issue drawings and bills of material to the factory and customers using the Lucy CAD system
- Interpret customer requirements and internal specifications and produce a detailed design using 3D CAD (Unigraphics NX would be preferable)
- Produce secondary designs required for specific customers which are outside the standard Models & Options system
- Work with global manufacturing on urgent issues regarding design and production to produce solutions to everyday problems
- Prepare detailed specifications documentation and drawings using product data management systems (M & O system)
- Produce new designs of specific options & trial them through the Prototype Department before adaptation into M & O system.
- Liaison with customers, Sales, Contracts and global Operations staff to deliver customer requirements within timescales, budgets and operations constraints
- Take on tasks and projects in support of current product engineering, e.g. product improvements and ECRs
- Taking existing designs & formulating effective cost savings which can be implemented into production
- Work to ISO 9001 quality standards
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure and developing environment. The ability to continuously improve standards & quality of the department
- Conduct site visits and investigations
To become our Design Engineer you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience of mechanical design using 3D CAD design, NX Unigraphics is desirable
- Experience of working with PLM Software, Teamcenter is desirable
- Methodical & structured approach to problem solving
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- Experience of working in the engineering field
- Capable of organising and retrieving historic data
- PC literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Desire to learn
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Able to thrive in a high pressure and developing environment.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, HNC Mechanical or similar
- UK driving licence
Lucy Electric is the perfect company if you would like to develop and meet your long term career goals. Why not click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join our business as a Design Engineer.