EBD Teacher of P.E (Male)
Are you an enthusiastic teacher of Boys PE? Do you have a passion for encouraging children to partake in an active lifestyle? Have you had experience working with behavioural difficulties, or worked within an SEN setting?
We have an exciting temporary opportunity within an EBD secondary school in Tameside full-time starting in January 2017 until May half term. If you love working with disengaged children and getting the best out of them in a short but rewarding period, then please apply!
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of PE enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum at KS3 and KS4
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular sporting activities
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
Our requirements are that you must:
- Hold a qualification with, or leading to, UK QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) NB NQTs and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply
- Experience working with SEN children, preferably EBD teachers
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
- Be passionate about teaching and your subject
- Have excellent communication skills and have good behaviour management
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to a school
- Have proven classroom management skills
We are open to receiving applications immediately so if you are interested please do not delay. Please email your CV to the Manchester office now.