Store Manager - Mövenpick
Role: Mövenpick Store Manager (Gateshead)
Location: Intu Metrocentre, Gateshead
Position: Full Time
Salary: £25,000 to £26,000 plus benefits
Experience: 2 years of General Management experience within a high volume environment.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Employer: Retailmark Group
Who are Mövenpick?
Welcome to the unique world of Mövenpick ice cream where the best of nature, authentic taste and tradition come together. In our quest for natural and exclusive products no distance is too great. Whether it’s our Bourbon vanilla pods from the tropical forests of Madagascar or the finest cocoa beans from the Maracaibo region of Venezuela, our traditional Swiss craftsmanship creates seductive gourmet ice creams.
Mövenpick ice cream is produced by Nestlé Super Premium in Switzerland and has even been awarded CoolBrand status alongside Apple, Ray-Ban and Instagram.
Our Amazing Restaurant Boutiques
The first Mövenpick ice cream boutique was opened in Zurich in Switzerland in 2004 and today there are more than 160 locations worldwide, including iconic cities such as Sydney, Paris and Moscow.
Each Boutique offers dine-in or grab-and-go options in a modern, but intimate setting to enable friends, families and partners to create their own Mövenpick Moments. Our Boutiques seat between 60 to 120 diners.
Mövenpick is now bringing its delicious boutique creations to the UK, with the first restaurant set to open in Europe’s largest indoor shopping centre, Intu Gateshead in early January 2017.
The Job Role
As the Store Manager, your store is yours. Naturally there are brand standards to adhere to and the customer is always at the heart of everything we do, but when it comes to creating unbeatable dessert experiences, there's plenty of room to let your personality flow too. Championing the Mövenpick culture, you'll put your team, customers and community first and make it your mission to get to know them, understand what makes them tick and perform the little, big and medium-sized acts that leaves everyone smiling.
While making memorable experiences is the aim, managing the serious side of a successful store is how you'll achieve it. You'll be commercially savvy too, with the ability to maximise the financial performance of your store and effectively manage budgets. If you thrive on responsibility and have worked in a customer-facing/hospitality environment, you'll make it your job to exceed our expectations as you well as your customers.
- The Store Manager (SM) will report directly to the Regional Manager and be ultimately responsible in the Regional Managers absence.
- Setting the standards - Motivating and leading your Team, guiding them in efficiently operating their departments ensuring your restaurant is set to the highest standards every shift maintaining the goals set by your Regional Manager.
- Food Quality - having a great working knowledge and understanding of the kitchen including product knowledge.
- Customer Service - delivering superior customer service and experience in all aspects of guest interaction.
- Performance of your Team - ensure all team members reach their full potential through on-going evaluation, listening, coaching and training.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all Mövenpick company policies and procedures - ensuring all your team have been trained and follow our procedures and policies.
- Profitability - understanding reports regarding costs, controls and expenditure alongside actively growing sales.
- Competitive salary and Performance based bonus scheme
- Structured in-store and online training programme
- Non-hierarchical working environment
- 28 days paid holiday
- Pension scheme after three months
- Mövenpick Edible Perks Programme.
To apply you will have
- A number of year’s previous experience working in a supervisory or management position within the catering and hospitality industry.
- Proven leadership expertise and excellent problem solving skills.
- Fantastic communication skills with the ability to coach and develop your Team.
- An understanding in dealing with budgets, staff controls and forecasting.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must have permission to work within the United Kingdom.