Commercial Finance Manager (Operations)
Our client has been creating delicious and nutritious meals for Care Homes, Local Authorities and Hospitals for over 50 years. Thanks to their sister company they also deliver great tasting food direct to the public too.
The Operations Finance Manger is a newly created role to help continue to drive efficiencies in the manufacturing facilities and to help ensure the continuous improvement agenda builds on the high performance already being delivered.
As a key member of the manufacturing team the successful candidate will have daily interactions with senior management and the opportunity to influence the direction of the operation and drive the profitability on to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial it is essential to understand the interactions and relationships between different departments and how to work with them to get the best overall outcomes by taking a combined view.
- Review of key metrics and performance indicators, providing insight on trends that facilitate action and decision making.
- Developing accurate operational forecasts and coordinating improvement plans that have a positive effect on the results.
- Tracking projects to make sure they are in line with planned outcomes and advising corrective actions as required.
- Developing relevant and engaging reporting that is targeted to multiple users requirements
- Ensuring short term results are consistent with period end reporting
- Effective management and development of direct reports, making sure there are progression opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the wider business to help shape more efficient ways of working
- Identifying and leading projects as necessary which deliver better profitability.
- Working to best practice and embedding processes that support these.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant, (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) 2+ years of PQE
- Degree Educated Experience of FMCG environment
- Highly numerate
- Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP system
- Competent in the use of Excel
- Experience in forecasting and tracking of projects
- Evidence of leading and developing a team
- Experience of a variety of costing techniques, including standard costing
- Experience of bringing cross functional teams together
- Good presentation skills
- Able to manage team from a distance
The role requires someone who is able to think on their feet and recognize the need to work on multiple projects at any one time whilst maintaining focus on the common goals of the team and the wider business.
Fundamental to delivering the success is the ability to be able to interpret KPI trends into meaningful information for the manufacturing teams and strike the right balance between challenge, support and leadership, offering real insight into where financial opportunities may exist.
The role requires an enthusiastic and energetic individual who thrives by delivering tangible results, both individually, functionally and as part of multiple teams.
If you think you have the desired skill set and experience and want to work for a forward thinking company then please apply with your most recent CV.