Trainee IT Project Manager - From Legal background
Are you a law graduate? Do you have good work experience as a paralegal, legal secretary, solicitor or similar? Are you interested in lifting your career to a more rewarding industry?
Law firms are known for high-stress working conditions, overly-long hours, low salaries, poor treatment of junior staff and repetitive work. Not to mention vast competition for jobs and limited opportunities. You deserve better!
The good news is that there are other great and growing industries that need your talent and skills!
Our client, a successful and growing software house, is looking for people with a background in law, who are keen to shift their career and move to a more rewarding industry with an amazing work/life balance.
IT is changing the world for good! Now you have an excellent opportunity to establish yourself in its future success, as a Trainee Software Project Manager.
- Are you fed up with Law Firms?
- Want to save yourself from constant stress and long working hours?
- Want to be join an industry where your talents are celebrated?
- Do you want to work as a trainee to become a Software Project Manager?
A successful software development company engaged in building exciting, technical, custom-made software systems, with reputable clients, based in south London, is looking for Trainee Project Managers.
They are looking to employ bright law graduates and train them to become professional Project Managers with an excellent career progression path.
They expect you to have the following skills, honed through both your education and work experience:
- Extreme attention to details
- Documentation and information organisation
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Research skills
- Planning, scheduling and monitoring skills
- Flexible approach to work with a focus on delivery to deadlines and high standards
Successful candidates will have to be Law degree educated and have at least 1-2 years’ experience working in client-facing or office-based roles with a confident and charming personality.
Key Responsibilities (training will be provided):
- Managing software projects from inception to acceptance and completion
- Project risk and issue management.
- Customer facing activities, progress reporting, stakeholder management, expectation setting
- Team monitoring and motivating
- Attending client meetings including analysis session, project demonstration, etc.
Full training and support will be provided to the successful applicants.
Keywords: Law graduate, Legal graduate, Legal Administrator, Paralegal, Law Grad, Trainee, Legal, Law, Legal Secretary, training, law firm, project management, project manager