Method Development Scientist
Broughton Laboratories has a unique opportunity available for a Method Development Scientist – (NCP Technical Specialist) to join the team in Skipton, North Yorkshire. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary plus pension and annual bonus scheme.
Broughton Laboratories Limited is an independent contract analytical laboratory based on the stunning Broughton Hall Business Park servicing the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Broughton Laboratories work to a mission of ‘helping our clients achieve success by delivering a unique and pre-emptive service’. We offer a range of services including QC batch release testing, analytical test method development and validation and GxP compliant ICH stability storage to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
Do you have experience in the development of analytical methods using techniques such as LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS and physical characterisation methodology? Are you looking to further your career within a leading contract testing facility?
In line with the rapid expansion of the nicotine containing products (NCP) market we are seeking to recruit a Method Development Scientist to help drive scientific and regulatory advancements which will support Broughton Laboratories position as the leading provider of analytical services to the burgeoning e-cigarette / vaping industry.
What are the responsibilities of the Method Development Scientist?
- Reporting to the Operations Director, lead the advancement of technical and regulatory knowledge relating to nicotine containing products for the NCP team.
- Develop analytical methods to characterise the performance and safety considerations of a variety of nicotine containing products (e-liquids, e-cigarettes and novel nicotine delivery systems).
- Validate analytical methods according to ICH guidelines.
- Provide technical support and guidance to analytical teams as required.
- To co-ordinate the set-up, execution and closure of analytical projects.
- Communicating with clients to ensure expectations are fully understood and met.
- To prepare and review analytical protocols/reports and to perform raw data validation.
What skills do I need to have to become a Method Development Scientist?
- Graduate of Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry related subject.
- Analytical chemistry experience working within a regulated environment would be desirable, but not essential.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of HPLC method development is essential.
- Experience in development of methods for GC-MS, LC-MS and ICP-MS would be an advantage.
- Experience in the analysis of inhaled products is desirable.
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Capable of working as an individual and team player.
- Good analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Confident verbal reasoning skills with colleagues and customers.
- Good IT skills.
- Results driven, customer focused and commercially astute.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a laboratory that the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies choose to work with as our Method Development Scientist.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We aim to recruit staff on their suitability for the position advertised, without consideration of age, sex, marital status, disability, age or ethnic origin.
Due to the anticipated number of applicants it is not possible to respond to each individual application.