Registered Nurse - RNLD / RGN / RMN
Qualified Learning Disability Registered Nurse / Qualified Registered General Nurse - RNLD / RGN / RMN
Our client is a Wiltshire-based care trust charity dedicated to providing a range of residential and nursing care services to adults with learning and other physical disabilities in several locations within the county.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an RNLD / RGN / RMN qualified registered nurse to really make a big difference to the quality of life for young adults with severe physical and learning disabilities at one of the charity’s residential nursing homes in Swindon.
As a member of the nursing team you will be expected to support the Services Manager in all aspects ensuring high standards of Care delivery and compliance, ensuring that the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the service users are recognised, assessed and met.
Flexibility is essential, being available for shift work including weekends and bank holidays. You must be able to work on your own initiative and in the absence of the Services Manager, you must demonstrate excellent all round communication skills and be NMC registered and hold a valid PIN number.
This is an ideal opportunity for a qualified nurse to progress your career in a rewarding role with a charity that will fully support your on-going training and development. Applications are also very welcome from newly qualified staff as our client is able to offer a full preceptorship.
Your duties as a Qualified Registered General Nurse - RNLD / RGN / RMN will include:
- Supporting the Services Manager in all aspects ensuring high standards of Care delivery and compliance.
- Assisting support staff to achieve high quality care through innovative and evidence based practice.
- Assisting with meeting the agreed Quality Standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Preferably a qualified RNLD with experience of working with people with profound and complex disabilities and substantial health needs with extensive experience in community or residential services. However, preceptorship will be supported for newly qualified nurses.
- An RGN or RMN with relevant residential experience will also be considered.
- RNLD / RGN as required by the Care Quality Commission, NMC registered and hold a valid PIN number.
- Understanding of the requirements of the National Minimum Standards for Care Homes for Adults.
- Must be able to work on your own with excellent communication skills to be able to converse easily with residents, their families and members of staff.
- Ability to ensure residents’ needs, wishes and aspirations are acknowledged and met wherever possible.
- Have a positive, can-do approach.
- A kind and caring outlook with a commitment to delivering the highest level of care at all times.
- Willing to work flexible hours including occasional weekends, bank holidays, evenings and nights according to the needs of the service
- Preferably hold a full driving licence.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary up to £28,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
- 28 days holiday, rising to 35 with service, inclusive of statutory days.
Key words – RNLD Qualified Learning Disability Registered Nurse, RGN Registered General Nurse, RMN Registered Mental Nurse, Preceptorship, Residential Care, Learning Disabilities, Nursing and Midwifery Council, NMC, Adult Care, Residential Housing, Preceptorship.