CI Leader / LEAN Project Engineer
Job Elements: -
• To develop a long term plan for the manufacturing sites LEAN activities that lead to higher safety, better quality, more productive workforce and manpower refinements plus other plant savings.
• To use lean principles to analyse and improve material flow and plant layout to optimise production efficiency, safety, quality, costs and remove waste throughout all processes.
• To develop methods to rate and track work centre performance and coordinate shop-floor training with department supervision to ensure processes/procedures/work instruction are being followed and LEAN training is being reinforced.
• Projects will include conducting lean event such as Kaizen (planning of, organisation and the collaboration of production and support department employees), scrap reduction, labour reduction, material flow improvement, reduction in operational costs etc.
• To drive the documentation and implementation of kaizen improvements.
• Create Flow through Value Stream Mapping Activities.
• To support the production lines: balancing the lines of production, establishing of standard times and operations, new product pilot run coordination.
• Support the plant 5S program.
The ideal candidate will have: -
• Degree in an engineering discipline such as quality or manufacturing engineering.
• Prince 2 trained advantageous.
• Computer literate in MS Office and Excel and have the ability to understand and interrogate MRP systems.
• 5 years minimum of experience working in the principles of lean and previously worked in a manufacturing environment.
• Exceptional communication skills for kaizen type activity events.
• Strong interest in the process of continuous improvement, being able to support and manage people that manage critical projects.
• Data-processing knowledge: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) etc.
• Availability to travel (visiting other global sites when needed)