1 day left
- Full Time
Can you answer, “Yes!” to these questions? If so, a career as a Support Worker with Advance is just for you!
- Do you consider yourself to be kind, caring and reliable?
- Would you like a rewarding role where you'll be valued by your employer while making a real different to the lives of others?
- Would you like a fulfilling, part-time or full-time, casual or permanent position?
Salary: £14,800.67 - £16,656.72 per annum/pro rata
Up to 37.5 hours per week to include some day, evening, weekend and bank holiday shifts.
About the role:
- Working in an environment which encourages a person-centred approach to enable customers to realise their hopes, dreams and aspirations
- Providing support to individuals to meet their particular needs as identified within their support plan enabling them to make informed choices while promoting their privacy and dignity.Duties may include (but is not limited to):
- Personal care (showering and/or bathing)
- Laundry and housework
- Food preparation & cooking
- Budgeting and shopping
- Monitoring and/or administering medications
- Being active in the community (employment, study, volunteering and/or leisure activities)
- Maintaining relationships with family and friends
- Social activities
- Accompanying customers to appointments and/or on excursions
- Working in partnership with other agencies and organisations
What you can expect from Advance
- Being part of a progressive and dynamic team where you will meet new people and feel valued
- A comprehensive induction process
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- A large range of employee benefits including:
- Flexible hours to fit around you and the needs of our customers
- Competitive rates of pay, reimbursement of mileage expenses for transporting customers and a free DBS
- A Salary Sacrifice Scheme to purchase childcare vouchers free of tax and NI contributions (follow the link below to find out more)
- Paid holiday of up to 38 days per year (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Access to a lone-worker system to provide you with security when you need it
- Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum
- Free, nationally-recognised training l inked to all aspects of the role of being a support worker - these are transferable to other service providers
- Staff discounts at over 250 high-street retailers including Marks and Spencer, Mothercare, Sainsbury's, Apple and many more
To find out more about the benefits of being an employee with Advance, click here.
More about Advance
Advance is a well-established, national, charitable organisation which provide support for adults with learning disabilities and mental health conditions living in the community. We are an equal opportunities employer who values our staff and the difference that they make to our customers. Whatever our role in the company, we all share a pride in what we do and use PRIDE to define how we all behave. Want to know more about PRIDE? Click here.
Still not sure if we're the company for you? Read the poem below, created from real feedback from our customers and staff.
Truthful but short, this poem from Advance,
Designed to inspire you, given the chance,
To seek a new role within our great team,
Perhaps to fulfil something from a dream?
With many flexible jobs to explore,
We'll strive to find you the one you'll adore.
What our customers say about Advance:
Advance are kind, “Fun to be around” too!
Warm and welcoming, “They understand you.”
“They care for me,” it's so easy to see,
Most importantly, “They let me be me!”
What our staff say about Advance:
Passionate about people, caring and kind,
They value their staff, no better boss you'll find!
Approachable and appreciative, they really understand,
Willing to help, even with their own hand.
About the candidate:
The attributes you possess as part of your personality are just as important to the role as the skills needed to fulfil the Job Specification above. Advance and its customers are keen to employ people who have some or all of the following qualities, these being someone who is:
- polite, punctual and reliable
- honest and trustworthy
- calm, kind and consistent
- funny and broad-minded
- financially-savvy and helpful
- warm and welcoming
- patient and understanding
- flexible and fun!
- happy to work as part of a team or independently as necessary, using their initiative as required
- organised and able to keep records up-to-date
- self-motivated and proactive with a forward-thinking, can do approach
- able to act in a responsible and respectful manner to others and the differences they may have
- supportive of the customers' goals to live the lifestyle of their choosing
- willing to learn new skills
- a full UK driving licence and access to a car with business class insurance
Worried that you're lacking in experience? Don't be! We offer a comprehensive training programme as well as a tailored level 2 or 3 care qualification through a reputable training provider. Regardless of your previous knowledge, Advance will fully support you in your decision to create a career in care that you can be proud of.
Still need convincing? Read what our customers say about Advance and its staff.
KP, “They make things happen for me.”
DR, “Advance have sorted out all my problems.”
Apply and find out more at http://www.advanceuk.org/index.asp?m=533&t=Jobs by clicking apply.