Alton Play Leader
The Charity provides Play and Leisure services to over 1,400 disabled children and young people; we have 27 schemes across Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and now West Sussex! This number is growing!
Play Leader Package
* Part-Time | 10 hours p/w Term Time 35 hours p/w School Holidays | £11.67/hour
* Permanent Contract
* Location: Alton
* Term Time Hours: 7 hours on a Saturday and 3 flexible hours during the week to develop the scheme and carry out administrative tasks
* School Holiday Hours: 35 hours p/w
* The organisation offers flexible working to play leaders and will consider a job share role if you cannot commit to every Saturday and School Holiday
* Regular FREE training provided, NEST Pension, Health Care Cash Plan available and Free DBS
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Play Leader at our exciting and bustling Alton Play scheme. Our schemes provide fun play, leisure and sport activities for disabled children and young people with a wide range of impairments. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy and sociable environment. Your role as Play Leader will be;
1. Activities & Environment: The Leader is responsible for planning and inspiring fun and creative activities that excite and 'wow' children. It is also the Play Leaders responsibility to provide and maintain a physical environment that is cared for, respected and valued by children, staff and visited.
2. Staff: To support the team of staff and be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and oversight of staff at the organisation.
3. Children: Support a staff team to provide a supportive environment where children feel confident, happy and able to challenge themselves.
You will be supported by an assigned Project Officer and the Operations Team based in Guildford.
* Have a full and relevant qualification in Early Years (Level 3)
* Have the skills necessary to motivate, encourage, organise, lead and supervise the staff team in a professional manner in an informal working environment
* Communicate and work with children, families and professionals effectively with enthusiasm and confidence
* Experience of leadership in a play or youth setting is desirable
* Ability to perform basic administrative tasks
* Commitment to the development of high quality play opportunities for disabled children
* A practical appreciation of the barriers to inclusion that disabled children and their families experience
* An understanding of the importance of all children's need to play
* Demonstrate a physical and emotional capacity for the enthusiasm and energy that children require of their playmates
* Be prepared to attend training and learn new skills
This position could be suitable for applicants seeking any of the following positions - Activity Leader, Nursery Assistant, Room Leader, Special Needs Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Activity Instructor, Teacher.
Please click apply