IT Support - 1st Line Support
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: IT Support - 1st Line Support
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 6TQ
Benefits: Pension, Childcare vouchers, free parking
Our client provides world-class communication network and security infrastructure solutions. The Company are currently deployed in over 120 countries from their offices in UK, UAE, Kenya and Malaysia.
They are constantly looking for new ideas and individuals who want to succeed. Their culture encourages ownership and empowers people to achieve results. They look for people who will go that extra mile in providing the service their customers are accustomed to.
The company also realises the importance of training. Their mission is to stay at the forefront of an ever-changing market, though the delivery of new services to their customers. Staff are trained in the latest technologies and skills, to maintain their position as a leading multi-vendor independent company.
The Day-to-Day Duties
They have an excellent opportunity for someone to join their IT Support team dealing with first line support. 1st Line Support is consistently provided and remains at a high level at all times. You will ensure that SLAs are met and recorded accordingly and that the use and escalation to internal and external services are utilised as and when they are required.
- Liaise directly with Customers, vendors and suppliers in a courteous professional manner
- Responsible for the administration of first line NOC working practices and procedures
- Manage update/changes of relevant first line documents in various procedure binders and online accessible locations whenever directed
- Owner of end to end first line ticket management, ensuring that all tickets are logged, updated and communicated correctly with detailed information and escalated to the correct technical level
- Be familiar with all hardware and software systems supported by the Company
- Networking with colleagues to maintain awareness of internal environment
- Knowledge of internal and external SLA impacting processes i.e. goods in/out
- Remotely accessing customer networks via VPN and RDP
- Back up customer and internal IT infrastructure as required
- Generating standard customer reports such as weekly or monthly excel reports
- Basic operation customer networks, logging in and understanding events.
- Ensure processes are followed achieving committed SLAs and KPIs
- The IT Support role requires a candidate within first line support to have working experience in a 24x7 NOC environment or similar managed service environment involving telecom and / or enterprise sectors and as first line support you will be prepared to take ownership of all NOC operations.
Specialist skills / Attributes required:
- Knowledge of Wiki (Internal knowledge base)
- Awareness of ITILv3. Foundation accreditation an advantage
- CompTIA N+, CompTIA A+ or working towards qualification
- CCNA qualifications, or working towards CCNA
- Written English
- Relevant Technical competence
- IT Literate (MS Office)
- Willingness to Learn
- Customer awareness
As part of first line support you must be prepared to visit customer sites as and when required and be an advocate of the Company and also be able to participate in 24 x 7 Roster.
What’s in it for you?
As well as working within a great team you will benefit from the following:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised pension scheme
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
How to Apply
To apply to the position of IT Support – 1 st Line Support we are looking for please click apply and upload your most recent CV
Apply for IT Support - 1st Line Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly