Senior Electronics Engineer
Senior Electronics Engineer, Halifax
Here at Lucy Zodion, a leader in the design and manufacture of streetlighting equipment in the UK we are looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our growing team based in Halifax. We offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Our product range spans the on-street installation of lighting from electrical distribution to control. Our leading position has been reached through constant innovation in both our products and service. We can offer a wide range of skills and support routes. We provide engineer-led custom designs and have a knowledgebase of applications and solutions for nearly all requirements. We pride ourselves on service and delivery and we are able to provide fast and efficient supply either from stock, or on short lead-times.
As our Senior Electronics Engineer, your job will be to take a major lead in the introduction of innovation to the new product development process from architecture & concept definition through to detailed modelling, design & product approvals. An accurate understanding of product requirements and the ability to transfer it into the system architecture is essential.
Responsibilities of a Senior Electronics Engineer include:
- Working as part of the Product Development Team, with specific responsibility for electrical & electronic system and circuit design.
- Covering the entire lifecycle of the product, from initial concept through design, validation, field trials, release into production and sustaining.
- Leading the electronic/firmware design of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Developing technical design skills for analogue and digital circuit design and embedded software development.
To become our Senior Electronics Engineer you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Working experience in wireless communications (BTLE, GSM etc.)
- Familiarity with RF including ISM bands 868MHz to 2.4Ghz, and GSM/3G.
- Proven experience in PCB design, both analogue & digital.
- Working knowledge of schematic & PCB layout, ideally using Altium.
- Proven knowledge of microprocessors including STM8, ARM32 etc.
- Strong power electronics experience.
- Understanding of microprocessor architecture.
- Proven knowledge of embedded C programming and commercial electronics.
- Proven experience of embedded firmware development and validation.
- Design for manufacture (DFM)
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant subject. (Electronics / Software / Computer Science)
- Experience within an electronic product design / development role.
- The ideal candidate will come from a high volume electronics design background, and have experience in a wide range of system design, electronics, firmware & manufacturing.
- Able to contribute and thrive in an exciting, dynamic and fast moving environment.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and cross-functional skills.
- Innovative along with a methodical and systematic approach to work.
- Detailed and quality conscious with a sharp focus on schedule & delivery.
- Able to motivate & mentor other engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, especially in explaining complex technical concepts.
Lucy Zodion is the perfect company if you would like to develop and meet your long term career goals. Why not click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join our business as a Senior Electronics Engineer.