Java Developer Operations (Junior-Mid Level)
Travelfusion have a great opportunity for a Java Developer to join our team.
We are the world's largest travel Direct Connect distribution system for 160+ low cost airlines. We have offices in both London and Shanghai and a customer base around the globe.
We are seeking a conscientious Java Developer for their Operations & Bookings team - an organized and reliable person who can provide ongoing support in their London office.
You will be part of busy day-to-day operations, which interacts with customers, suppliers, users, developers and team members.
In this role you will be responsible for monitoring and supervising real-time systems and services. With an ability to also think outside the square, you enjoy solving problems and are able to work under pressure to changing priorities in a dynamic team and can see tasks from start to finish.
Who are we looking for?
Required skills & experience:
- Minimum 2 years Java programming experience
- Good knowledge of HTTP
- Good knowledge of HTML/XML
- Exposure to Linux/Unix operating systems
- Organised, methodical and thorough. Passionate about details, without losing the overview
- Responsible and reliable, a patient thinker, resistant to stress
- Enjoys fixing bugs, in a real time environment
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- A willingness to undertake some shift work
Preferred skills and experience:
- Commercial experience, preferably with real time systems
- Experience working in a dynamic operations/support setting
- Experience in supporting clients, account management and customer understanding
- Travel industry support experience
In return, we offer a competitive salary package and company benefits
Location: London, UK
To submit your CV for this fantastic Java Developer role please click 'Apply' now along with a cover letter describing why you believe you will be an ideal candidate for the job, taking into account the above requirements..
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS OR ANY 3RD PARTY ENQUIRIES. WE ONLY SPEAK TO CANDIDATES DIRECTLY. WE SHALL REPORT ANY 3RD PARTY APPROACHES