Teaching Assistant, Flintshire
Teaching Assistant, Flintshire Primary School
We are currently recruiting for hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic teaching assistants to work within Primary Schools across Flintshire. We are seeking applicants with a high level of understanding and experience of working with children, ideally within an education setting.
Your role will be to support and assist classroom Teachers deliver their lessons in line with the National Curriculum, whilst supporting the pupils’ learning and development. We are looking for people who have experience of working across Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 as you may be required to provide learning support in small groups and on a 1-1 basis (dependent on experience).
A positive and flexible approach is required as Flintshire is extremely busy for immediate day-to-day supply which can be built up to full time work or part time work depending on how flexible you wish to be. We also offer long-term positions with the potential of being offered permanent roles.
The ideal candidate will have a teaching assistant qualification, however applications will be considered from people that have extensive experience of working with young people, either in the classroom or in a nursery setting.
At Excell Supply we ensure we listen to all of our candidates and proactively work with you on your needs and requirements. We look to continuously build upon our team of education specialists and we are looking for high quality teaching assistants to join our team.
Your role and responsibilities will include;
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with additional needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education/behaviour plans and personal care programmes.
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils
- Remain calm and patient, but have a firm and strong approach when required.
- Recognise triggers and manage challenging situations effectively.
- Use praise and encourage pupils to stay on task.
- Implement agreed policies and strategies in liaison with the teacher, to achieve learning goals.
- Promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with incidents in line with established policy and encourage the pupil to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- To aid pupils in their learning as effectively as possible by giving positive encouragement to reinforce self-esteem and confidence in each task.
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
- Provide regular feedback on learning and development to the teacher and other professionals.
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
Successful candidates will be required to have the following;
- A relevant Childcare/Learning Support Qualification or extensive experience within the classroom.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- The ability to work to your own initiative and be reliable and flexible.
- The ability to build professional relationships with both staff and pupils.
In return for your commitment and hard-work with Excell Supply, we offer;
- Highly Competitive pay rates (paid weekly)
- Consideration for all long-term opportunities
- Access to our ‘Rewarding Excellence’ benefits package
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme
- Entry to our ‘Temp of the Term’ award
- CPD (Continuous Professional Development), including practical application workshops with Head Teachers
- Annual Safeguarding training
- A dedicated consultant who will provide an honest and trustworthy service