Due to organic business growth, a superb opportunity has arisen for a Telecoms Engineer with proven experience installing telephone systems. If you’d thrive working within a very diverse and reactive role, and would love to be part of a company that puts client satisfaction at the forefront, don’t miss out on this superb opportunity.
Direct Line Communications is a national telecoms business with a large and ever growing client base. Established in 1992, the dynamic customer focused team thrives on building good working relationships with clients, delivering the best service at all times and only work with the best technologies and manufacturers, which is evident in the significant number of long-term, loyal and satisfied clients.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as a Telecoms Engineer you’ll be part of a dynamic, close knit team of Engineers working from the head office near Chester and attending client sites predominantly across North Wales and North West England, to ensure that client needs are met and exceeded.
As a Telecoms Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Working on helpdesk and fault diagnostics and making site visits when needed
- Inspecting and servicing telecommunication devices
- Logging faults with channel partners and updating tickets
- Recording customer details and changes on CRM system
- Returning weekly time sheets to the Operations Manager
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times
To be considered for this Telecoms Engineer role you MUST have the following experience, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Proven experience as a Telecoms Engineer working telephone systems such as Mitel, NEC, Panasonic or Avaya
- Experience in structured cabling specifically with CAT 5e and CAT 6 installations
- Strong knowledge of copper wiring topologies / SIP and IP Protocols
- Knowledge in software that supports telecommunication systems
- Knowledge of programming language and router configuration
- Ability to build strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Full clean driving licence
Experience in the following would be advantageous, although not essential:
- Wireless networks
- Fibre cable installations
You will be based within a modern working environment in a growing business, where open communication is highly encouraged.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000, level dependent on current experience
Additional Benefits: Company package consisting of access to company van, mobile phone and uniform, and contributory pension scheme
Hours of Work: 8:30am – 5:00pm. Flexibility is required to meet business and client needs.
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Head office based in Shotton (Flintshire, North Wales) conveniently located near to the M56 and A55. You will frequently be attending client sites predominantly across the North West of England and North Wales, with some work further afield as required.
This Telecoms Engineer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Direct Line Communications. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Direct Line Communications, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Direct Line Communications requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.