Care at Home Job Vacancies in Plymouth - Part Time
Full Training Provided
Newcross' dedicated Home Care service is growing in the Plymouth area!
We are currently seeking experienced carers to provide a first class standard of home care to our clients in the local area though our friendly, Plymouth branch. Shifts will be based on a structured weekly working pattern, with your choice of days, nights, weekends or any combination of these.
We are especially seeking carers to work part time hours in the local area, with the possibility for this to develop into full time.
Our clients have a variety of complex health care needs including MND, MS, Mental Health disabilities and physical needs such as PEG feeds. As such we require a care team to provide essential care and support for them, enabling them to live fulfilled lives.
It would be advantageous that you have worked in similar environments previously and are able to work well under pressure. Our ideal candidates will have gained experience through working with clients with similar health needs in any of the areas listed below;–
- Mental Health
- PEG Feeding
- Mobility and Hoisting
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Degenerative Medical Conditions (such as Motor Neurone Disease)
- Palliative Care
- Health related home based care and support.
Within this role you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions as listed, including administering medication, personal care and healthcare tasks to assist our client with day to day living. Our person centred service is designed to enable our client to interact with their family and also the local community as much as possible, enabling them to maximise their independence and quality of life.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature and location of this role, access to your own transport, or being based locally is essential.
Within this role, we can offer you:
- Excellent salary, paid weekly plus night, weekend and bank holiday enhancements
- Structured rota with holiday pay earned on top of hourly rate
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free uniform and criminal record (DBS) check
- Free ongoing training and uniform earned as you work
- Dedicated 24/7 support contact centre
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- Local line manager and branch support based in Plymouth
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
To apply for this position, you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Own transport desirable
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.