IT Systems Administrator /Graduate Project Manager /IT Support
Job title: IT Systems and Special Projects Administrator
Hours: Permanent, Full time
Reporting to: Group Director and IT manager
This privately owned portfolio of companies has won multiple awards for entrepreneurship and this embodies the spirit of everything they do: They are a 'get things done' organisation who are not afraid of trying new things.
They are friendly, open, transparent, and ethical.
Headquartered in the UK with an international presence in China, Benelux, Ireland, Poland, Scandinavia, Brazil, and the UK, they export the building blocks of everyday life worldwide.
This is an expanding business which is constantly looking for new ways to innovate and improve its IT systems.
They are seeking an ambitious graduate to be part of these changes and help to develop advance systems such CRM, customer-services & warehouse management using e-commerce.
Reporting to the Group Director and IT manager, you will be keen to project manage, come up with suggestions for improvement, and also remain proactive.
As an IT Assistant you will remain very hands-on and will be expected to be a natural problem solver, comfortable with working under pressure. You must have a good Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering or a technically related degree to back this up. Personal or professional experience working with networks, infrastructure or IT security will be highly advantageous in this position; but not essential.
You will join a friendly and dynamic team where you will make an impact and quickly see the results of your work. You will work on a variety of diverse projects assisting the business to improve productivity and reliability of processes.
Travel to other company sites within the UK may be required in order to support ongoing and new business activities.
This is a highly competitive position and the successful IT Assistant will receive on the job training to help them fulfil their new role, a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Provide user support to maintain business efficiency
- Look after the Windows environment
- Office 365, Sharepoint configuration and deployment
- Mobile Management (administering remote assets)
- Monitoring Exchange Server resources + server health
- Take part in technical discussion and crisis call experience
- Provide suggestions for process & procedure improvement
- Mentoring other teams
- Developing Knowledge Base database
- Plan and schedule for change management
- Virtual machine provisioning & administration
- Anti-virus, web and e-mail security administration
- Understanding of capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in OS related issues
- Report building and administration in SQL and SAGE (should have SQL, will learn SAGE)
- System administration
- Performing logical fault finding
- Management of assets register
- A good Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering or a technically related degree
- An understanding of SQL, Reporting and database architectures
- Familiarity with Windows server platforms and Windows desktop
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Full UK Driving License
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Due to the immediate start of the role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. The company will not consider applications requiring sponsorship, visa, or relocation assistance. Interviews will be held face to face in Runcorn, UK. The role is based in Runcorn and you must live within a reasonably commutable distance.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; 1st Line Support, Software Administrator, Systems Developer, Systems Support, Technical Support, Software Support, Desktop Support, Graduate IT Project Manager, Systems Administrator, Systems Lead, Graduate Systems Administrator, Lead Systems Administrator, Technical Helpdesk, Graduate Implementation Manager, Lead Systems Support, Systems Architect, 2nd Line Support, Software Architect will also be considered for this role.