Plumbing and Heating Category Manager
Superb opportunity for a career minded individual that wants to be part of one of the UK’s biggest independent builders merchant.
Huws Gray is currently looking for a Company Plumbing and Heating Category Manager to join the team covering all our branches throughout the UK/nationwide. The successful candidate will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Since our formation in 1990, Huws Gray has developed from a single branch in Anglesey to one of the largest independent Builders Merchants in terms of branches. Including our Head Office in Anglesey we currently have over 50 branches stretching from Hay-on-Wye in Herefordshire up to Bolton in the North West and across to Derby in the Midlands.
As a key area of the company’s growth we have identified the need to appoint a Company Plumbing and Heating Category Manager that will help drive sales and purchasing power forward.
Therefore the company is looking to appoint an exceptional company Category Manager to drive the profitable growth and market share of their existing Plumbing and Heating and category forward.
As the company Category Manager you will lead the development of a comprehensive plumbing & heating offering that will encompass all areas of the sector.
Reporting and working alongside a Director, you will support a £12million+ business where you will be instrumental in the delivery of key business objectives including the annual profit target , purchasing negotiations , product selection and development , training for branches , marketing strategies and help branches reach their sales potential.
Your key responsibilities as the Company Plumbing and Heating Category Manager will include
- Working with a Director, you will help fulfil the above criteria that is appropriate to the category.
- Reviewing the existing ranges and where necessary adding new products within the category, in conjunction with the Supply chain implement any changes required.
- Through market research and intelligence ensure that offers are competitive to maximise both the sales and margin opportunity.
- Be aware of forthcoming, as well as current market, trends and act as the category representative both internally and with supply chain partners.
- Help raise awareness within the sector that Huws Gray is a place to go to for these items through ensuring that our product offering , stockholding and price are the best that they can be.
- With the support of a director , ensure a seamless administration system for the overall product offer, especially with regard to financial deals on special offers and supplier rebates.
- Create good working relationships between key suppliers and the Company to maximise sales and margin opportunities.
- Work with the Regional Plumbing, Heating branches to ensure Branch/Regional colleagues understand the profitable contribution the Department can bring to their cost centre.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Company Plumbing and Heating Category Manager
- Must be an experienced plumbing & heating Category Manager who has worked within a consumer or trade driven business, dealing with a diverse range of products and can quickly gain insight into the product ranges.
- You must have a proven track record of managing and developing a high performing team.
- You will be an excellent communicator with a proven track record in influencing at all levels.
- This role will require exceptional planning and time management skills as you will be working closely with the business to implement a new growth strategy.
- In addition to this you will need to be highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
You may have experience of the following: Category Management, Builders or plumbers Merchant, DIY retail or P & H supplier background.
Our commitment and rewards to you
For this role we will pay you a handsome salary package and a performance related bonus that can be discussed further with suitable candidates.
You will be joining a “best in class “independent market leader that prides itself on looking after it’s staff , holding excellent stock levels and providing the resources and support that you will need in order to fully fulfil this role.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Company Plumbing and Heating Category Manager then please click 'Apply' today!
No agencies please