Market Manager / Retail Operations Manager / Market Supervisor
Job Title: Market Manager
Location: Luton - You will be required to visit other sites within the company portfolio
Salary: circa £28,000 - £30,000 p.a
Hours: Full Time and will include weekend, occasional Bank Holiday working and occasional working on other sites within the company portfolio.
The company is one of the most recognised and respected market operators in the UK.
Through many years of running high quality markets both indoor and outdoor with clearly defined operational policies the company have grown to become one of the biggest in the industry.
The company are looking to recruit for the position of Market Manager in Luton.
The post requires a candidate who is able to plan, prepare and execute the daily operation of the Market in the most effective manner and to the highest possible company standards. The candidate must combine an accurate and methodical approach to administration and office based tasks with the character and flexibility to manage the operation of the daily market and related events. The post holder will be required to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with stallholders tenants, and the general public, have budget and staff management experience, and able to work in a busy and demanding environment.
The manager will be commercially aware, and be driven to identify opportunities and maximise income.
The ideal candidate will be / have;
- You will be entrepreneurial, with plenty of enthusiasm and energy
- You must have previous experience in market, retail or property management
- Excellent communication skill
- Proven IT skills and ability to competently use Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel
- You must be able to effectively communicate with people from all walks of life.
- A good understanding of H & S in public places and
- Experience of creating and working within budgets would be advantageous, although training will be given to the right candidate.
- Cash handling experience.
- Understanding of Trading Standards guidelines
- Highly organised with the ability to introduce and improve systems of work
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal, networking and partnership working skills.
- Proven staff management skills
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to working with other organisations and individuals.
- Hard working manager, able to multi-task and delegate effectively.
- Tactful and diplomatic approach to communication
- Able to work confidentially
- This position is full time and will include weekend and Bank Holiday working and working on other sites within the company portfolio therefore the candidate will need to be flexible
- Prior experience in operating a retail site
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in the letting of retail space
- Innovative problem solver
- Report writing skills
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Market Manager, Market Stall Coordinator, Market Trade Manager, Retail Supervisor, Project Manager, Project Development, Project Coordinator, Retail Operations Manager, Team Leader, Operations Lead, Head of Operations, Business Development, Branch Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, Brand Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Customer Service Manager, Store Manager, Shop Manager will be considered for this role.