Engineering & Projects Manager
Engineering & Projects Manager
Job title: Southern Engineering and Projects Manager
Essential experience: Telecoms Engineering & Project Management
Location: Hampshire / Berkshire / M3 / M4
Benefits: Salary circa £38,000 (neg dep on exp) + fully funded company car + benefits
Our client is a UK communications development and manufacturing company serving the critical communications market around the world. The company is a market leader, well established and growing.
There is now a requirement for an Engineering & Projects Manager to join the team. This is a home based position covering South of the Midlands. The ideal living location would be Reading or surrounding area. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of Project Management and managing Field Engineers (currently 8 in the team). You will have a strong technical background in Telecoms / IT / Electronics (e.g. PABX's, Wi-Fi, Networking, Radio Frequency Communications, DECT) and experience of scheduling and managing resources effectively. This key mixed and varied position reports into the Technical Director and is an excellent opportunity to join a stable and successful company.
Responsibilities: To provide leadership and motivation for a team of regional engineers and to be responsible for the quality and delivery of installations and maintenance of communications equipment for customers within the region.
1. To monitor and be responsible for the performance of the Southern Regional Engineers, for the rectification of faults allocated by the Customer Service Centre and to be the escalation technical point of contact for field issues.
2. To be responsible for the leadership, motivation and morale of the field engineers and assist them with major projects, whilst reviewing the quality and timely delivery of customer support.
3. To assist with the improvement of service delivery by identifying trends in system failures, areas to improve service stock holdings, identify training requirements or installation methods or working practices.
4. To be the technical point of contact for customers within the region to discuss technical issues, ensuring that any issues are highlighted and discussed with the appropriate Account Manager if necessary.
5.To assist sales staff in all technical aspects relating to the sale and installation of equipment in respect of costs, coverage, suitability, system configuration, specification, validation and support within the region.
6. To be responsible for the provision of a Project Installation Plan, Risk and Method Statement and Statement of Works to identify:
*Customer obligations and works
*Working with NHS & Industrial appointed Project managers, attending project meetings and meeting the necessary deadlines for each task required to complete the project
*Training and/or briefings required
*Specialist resources required
*Liaising with Customer Services Department in order to maximise resource
*To manage all large projects within their region and have a watching brief on all other projects and jobs, being responsible for managing resource to deliver each installation and job in a timely and cost efficient way
7. To accurately record, support and document all engineering work within the territory/region and provide management information as required.
8. To maintain and update your technical knowledge of Company products and major customer sites in order to assist with any problem sites as required.
9. Any other reasonable task as requested by your Manager