Depot Food Quality Inspector
New opportunity not to be missed! NSF International have an exciting opportunity for a Depot Food Quality Inspector to join our team based in Wellingborough. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
NSF International is a recognised leader in inspection, certification, technical services, training and consulting services for the food industry. Our services are designed to provide enhanced legal compliance, brand protection and consumer confidence, and to create commercial advantage. We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Depot Food Quality Inspector within our Retail, Consulting and Technical Services division. We are looking for a dynamic, driven and dedicated individual who will be a key resource to our client.
Depot Food Quality Inspector – The role
Working as an ambassador for NSF, the successful candidate will drive Quality Improvement in products by carrying out inspection and testing of food products, reporting results and trends to the NSF team, our clients team and suppliers. Providing a responsive resource at depot to monitor standards, identify and escalate issues and respond to customer needs.
Hours – 6:00am – 2:00pm with occasional Sunday hours.
Your key duties will include:
- Inspection of products at depots (including satellite) and occasionally at supplier facilities.
- GMP audits of 3rd party distributors for our client, including satellite storage facilities.
- Recording and reporting results of inspections and audit activity for action by Technical Managers, our client, suppliers and management.
- Determination of liability and communication of output of adjudication to suppliers regarding rejection of product as appropriate.
- Managing measuring equipment efficacy and calibration.
- Key contact for clients QA issues at depot.
- Managing sample submission and collection with testing laboratories.
- Provision of Ad hoc Technical support to 3rd Party Depot teams and escalation of issues to Technical Operations Manager.
- Provision of on-site crisis support in the event of a Food Safety Alert / Incident, supporting with data gathering and managing corrective actions
Depot Food Quality Inspector - The person
The successful candidate will have a passion for food and product quality, have great personal communication skills and have experience of working with product specifications/samples and the use of online specification databases.
A key aspect to any role within our Technical Services team is to be able to react to unplanned demands and workloads so a flexible and organised individual is a must. You will also be required to travel to clients and suppliers, client premises and NSF offices a valid UK driving licence is important.
This is a great time to be joining NSF International and we look forward to hearing from you!
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Depot Food Quality Inspector please click ‘Apply’ now. Please provide a covering letter with your salary expectations to accompany your CV.
NSF International is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST PLEASE