Engineering Model Maker
Job Title: Engineering Model Maker
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
The company is an independent consultancy company with expertise in fluid engineering. Their clients include major international companies covering a broad range of industrial sectors including water, aerospace, energy, chemicals and manufacturing. They work with their clients to solve engineering problems, implement new or improve existing systems.
Due to a sustained upturn in their order books they are looking for an engineering model maker to join a team constructing test rigs. The work is varied but is generally based around making scale models of structures such as pumps, pumping stations, rivers and reservoirs. These models are constructed from detailed drawings in the first instance and sketches and notes from test engineers as the model study progresses.
The essential skills & attributes are:
- Proficiency with reading, understanding and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Working with timber structures.
- Working with engineering plastics and GRP.
- Working with hand tools
- Use of fixed installation woodworking machinery.
- Use of shape forming machinery
- Fitting and assembly skills
- Working with both small components and large structures
- Working at heights
- Working in confined space
- Familiarity with working in Health & Safety environment
- Personable nature
The desirable skills & attributes are:
- Use of fixed installation metal working machinery.
- Fork lift truck operation
- Plastics welding
- Metal welding
- Familiarity with working in ISO or similar procedure environment
- Enthusiastic and committed, willing to work within tight timescales
A competitive salary is offered with benefits and flexible working. Situated on the Cranfield University campus, they enjoy access to a wide range of social and recreational facilities as well as learning resources.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Model Maker, Engineering Model Maker will also be considered for this role.