SQL Analyst / Systems Report Writer/ Report Analyst - SQL
Job Title: Power BI Report Writer & Designer
Location: Kings Cross, London
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Depending on Experience
Bonus: Annual performance based bonus
Our World Today…
The population on earth is set to grow to over 9 billion by 2050. Our world is still developing, putting pressure on natural, economic and human resources.
The company's vision...
To take better care of the planet and the people who live on it - this is the company's way forward. This is how they intend to make their mark and contribute to the greater good.
Today, water, waste and energy can all be recovered. Transforming what is discarded by some into valuable resources for others. The company's strategy is to create green products and energy from waste through innovative technology, preserving resources for generations to come.
The company has a fantastic opportunity for Report Writer & Designer to join the reporting into the Business Performance Department and working across all functions within the business.
As part of this team you will be the key user of Power BI and ensure that all reports are written to a high standard. You will provide assistance and training where required to allow business users to understand core functionality.
With all the company's data accessible through SQL Server in the company's data lake, a high proficiency in this skillset is required. The successful candidate will have the ability to manipulate data through Power BI alongside a strong understanding of analysis and its benefit within a business. An understanding of both hot and cold data sets datasets is key to this role and identifying how the business can use this data. The company has a wealth of data and all of this, such as Finance, HR, QHS, GPS & data from our core operational systems will be available to you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, generate and design reports to senior management, operations, technical and support teams and external clients.
- Proactively identify trends in data and make recommendations on operational improvements.
- Manage the deployment of all new reports, workspaces and Power BI users.
- Present new reports and functionality to the Business Performance Teams
- Be the first point of call for all Power BI queries and issues in the business
- Be able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical people.
- Be willing to travel when required throughout the UK
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
To be successful in this role of Business Performance Analyst we are looking to identify the following criteria in your application:
- Degree level education in a business / analytical / mathematics subject (or relevant experience)
- Must have a high level working knowledge of SQL and Power BI
- Experience with R is an advantage
- High problem solving ability.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Report writing experience.
- Experience of designing dashboards
- Ability to analyse complex datasets.
- Proactive and forward thinking.
The company supports the principle of Equality & Diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Power BI Report Writer Designer, Report Analyst, SQL Analyst, Business Systems Support Analyst, SSRS, R, BI, Big Data Analyst, Data Analyst, Commercial Analyst, Analyst, Information Analyst, Client Data Analyst, Experienced Data Analyst, Senior Data Analyst, Sales Analyst, SQL Analyst, Technical Executive, SQL Developer, Technical Analyst will also be considered for this role.