5 days left
- Full Time
First Steps, part of Chichester College has an opportunity for a Childcare Assistant to join their team based at our Chichester campus on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. The successful candidate will receive a salary of £15,915 per annum.
First Steps Nursery offers professional day care facilities for children from newborn to age five with subsidised rates for staff. First Steps is open for 51 weeks of the year with a core opening time of 7.30am to 6.00pm. It is closed only for Bank Holidays and the week between Christmas and the New Year.
As the Childcare Assistant you will be dedicated to providing a high level of care and education, ensuring the children receive the best possible play opportunities and experiences.
The Childcare Assistant duties and key responsibilities:
- Ensure that the children are happy, settled and well cared for.
- Be a key worker for named children and to plan for individual needs and to keep accurate records.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the children’s individual needs are met, and ensure that every child reaches their full potential.
- Work as part of a team to ensure effective and appropriate communication with parents, carers, members of staff and external agencies.
- Ensure health, hygiene and safety standards are maintained.
- Assist with all activities in the nursery as requested by senior staff.
- Respect and maintain the working environment and resources.
- Adhere to all First Steps operational policies and procedures.
Our ideal Childcare Assistant will have the below skills and experience:
- Have a recognised Level 2/3 qualification in Early Years, Care and Education (or equivalent)
- Be organised and flexible and have experience of working in a childcare setting
- A First Aid certificate is desirable
Closing date: 17 November 2016
Interview date: 5 December 2016
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Childcare Assistant then please click ‘Apply’ today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists, any relevant overseas checks and a self-declaration relating to the disqualification by association regulations.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.