SEN Learning Support Assistant
Teaching Assistant with coaching background as Out door education experience to work with EBD pupils and with Special Educational Needs
We have an urgent need for SSA with coaching and outdoor education background to work in a special School in Bamber Bridge suupporting PE and Outdoor Education. You will need to develop a range of activities that engage young people with a variety of Special needs; these will include Ball skills, throwing and catching and co-ordination games.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right qualification and experience that are looking for a new challenge or career change. Do you come from a coaching or Outdoor Education background background or have experience working with young people.
Responsibilities of the post:
The role is to develop and support for pupils with a statement of special educational needs developing co-ordination, ball skills and Movement skill. The Support Assistants will ensure that pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other Young people in the sessions and make progress.
In order to be considered for this post, you will need to:
- Have experience of working with Young People in and coaching or school setting
- Have experience in the Outdoor Education Sector
- Hold recognised UK qualification or Coaching degree
- A good understanding of Multi skills, ABC's or SAQ
- Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of pupils.
- Have an interest in how young people learn and behave.
- Provide appropriate role models of behaviour in the sessions
- Really care about Young people but particularly those who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult.
- Have experience of helping Young people developing physical skills.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour and always strive to get the best out of your students
- Be well organised and be able to plan effectively Be adaptable to cope with any situation
The post itself is subject to an enhanced DBS Certificate as well as satisfactory references.
- If you feel that you have these qualities and that this role is something that you would like to be considered for then please either e-mail your CV to Karl Lucas at RANDSTAD via our website or contact the office directly by phone for a chat.
- OFFICE: 01772 259966 Mobile: 07507 837 654 firstname.lastname@example.org
- RNADSTAD offers very competitive daily rates of pay (£50-£70 per day) as well as an honest and upfront approach from an experienced dedicated team.
- We all take great pride in providing a quality service to schools and candidates in the Lancaster Area.
RANDSTAD is an Equal Opportunities Employer we specialise in consistently placing fully qualified Teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and office admin workers into positions within secondary and primary schools as well as Nursery staff across Lancashire