Hospitality and Cleaning Vacancies
Join the ahs team at the University of Bath
"every experience matters"
The ahs department at the University of Bath is responsible for the Accommodation, Hospitality, Conference, Events, Guest Accommodation and Security teams, employing over 300 permanent staff that work hard to deliver an excellent experience to all of our customers.
These include students, staff and external visitors, across all University residences and in our restaurants, cafes and bars on and off campus. While other hospitality/hotel employers are currently recruiting for seasonal team members, we're turning Christmas recruitment upside down and have a number of exciting positions available that are permanent.
We have eight hospitality outlets on campus ranging from cafés and pizzeria counters to fine dining restaurants and banqueting services.
Our accommodation houses over 4,000 students throughout the academic year.
During the summer months we operate like a hotel, with external guests and companies using our accommodation for tourist visits to Bath, conferences, summer camps and away days.
We're a dynamic, fun and caring department where no two days are the same.
We offer a generous package of pay, benefits and services including:
- Competitive pay rates and a generous pension scheme
- A 36.5 hour week (with some part time positions available) and no split shifts
- Up to 25 days holiday (plus eight bank holidays and an extra five University discretionary days)
- Paid Christmas leave
- Training and development opportunities, including 20 hours personal development time (pro rata for part time staff)
- Uniform provided free of charge
- Recognition awards for exceptional performers
- Social events where we regularly celebrate our success
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work and fitness schemes
- Staff parking and public transport links
If this sounds like a place you would like to be a part of please click below to find out more about the individual roles and to apply.
- Evening Caretaker, full time
- Domestic Assistant, part time
- Food & Beverage Assistant, full time
- Food & Beverage Assistant, part time (term time only)
- Assistant Hospitality Manager, full time
- Assistant Hospitality Supervisor, full time
- Commis Chef, full time
- General Porter, full time
For more information or queries regarding the application process please contact Kate Noad, Recruitment and Staff Engagement Coordinator, on 01225 385482.
Please click apply to visit our website.
Initial interviews will take place on 23 November 2016 and for later applications on 2 December 2016.
ahs and the University of Bath
The University is a first choice destination for students attracted by our excellent campus facilities (including ahs's accommodation and hospitality outlets), superior academic reputation, outstanding graduate employment record, world-class sports facilities and the wide selection of other social, recreational and personal development opportunities on offer.
Our staff are vital in creating the University's vibrant and innovative academic community and we value working collaboratively with others within our global network of contacts in business, the professions, the public and voluntary sectors.
Our campus overlooks the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath and offers a real community feel for staff and students, as well as providing a friendly and safe environment in which to work.