Head of Operations
Our client’s Head of Operations role is certainly a varied one, you will have a hand in virtually every aspect of the business and will be tasked with ensuring it runs successfully, profitably and smoothly.
From setting financial budgets one day to leading on new initiatives the next, this is one role where one day will never be the same as the next.
Our client’s Head of Operations is an interesting position to hold; you will be responsible for ensuring that the business has the best working environment and processes. You will evaluate how they operates and implements the necessary strategies, processes, procedures and policies.
Specific duties will vary however, will often include the following:
• Ensuring financial targets and other agreed targets are set and are met by all Managers
• Ensuring new business/ sales activities secure additional funding and commercial finance in line with strategic aims
• Ensuring marketing activities support the securing of new business, the engagement of learners, raising brand awareness and driving public relations
• Reviewing operating processes and procedures to ascertain if they are successful and if not, devise alternatives through the ISO system improvement process
• Keeping employees motivated and organising appropriate training and development in line with the company succession plan and training matrix
• Ensuring the business operates within the company's mission statement and values
• Driving customer satisfaction and reporting any issues to the Board
• Ensuring Legislation is adhered to including though not exhaustive: Health and Safety, Data Protection, Employment Law, Corporate Governance
• Working with all Managers to get the best performance from employees
• Driving the business to increase profits
• Meeting with customers and suppliers to ensure contracts are being fulfilled and re-negotiated as necessary
Reporting directly to the company MD, whilst working proactively with the Senior Team, the Head of Operations will lead a team of highly skilled Managers to create and deliver the company’s strategic and operational plans.
While delivering the plans, the Head of Operations must demonstrate proactivity, efficiency and effectiveness in terms of managing finance, developing team members and services further to drive the growth of the business.
The primary function of this high profile role is to develop and execute:
• Business plans
• HR Strategy, succession plan and training matrix
• Operational delivery profiles
• Sale’s plans for the long-term future of the organisation
• Compliance strategies covering Curriculum, Quality Assurance and Health and Safety
• Marketing strategies and plans to support the above
In addition to the above, the Head of Operations will promote and project the vision and values of the business while directly managing:
• Head of Central Services (For HR activities)
• Assistant Head of Operations
• Marketing Manager
• Sales Manager
• Compliance Manager
• Employability Manager
• Data Manager
• Regional Managers
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Commensurate with the role is the recognition that hours of work will be appropriate to meet the needs of the organisation and as it has a nationwide remit will include extensive UK travel with overnight stays on a regular basis.
Please apply online for this Head of Operations role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Head of Operations role and to follow further instructions if applicable.