Legal / Law Graduate / Litigation Assistant - GDL/LPC
Job Title: New Client Team Litigation Assistant
Location: Manchester, M22
Salary: £15,000 plus commission (OTE £18,000)
The firm is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. The firm covers every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. The firm pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people.
The firm is LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of the firm's Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of the firm's Partners is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
The firm is currently looking to hire a number of law graduates to join their new client team with fast track promotion to a paralegal role within one of work areas. The new roles are due to the internal promotions of existing members of staff.
You will be responsible for the client's experience from first contact until retention. You will obtain all relevant details of a client's claim and review this information with a Partner on a regular basis. Using the firms case-management system you will record and update all client information regarding individual cases.
The above list is not exhaustive and as a Litigation Assistant in the New Client Team you are responsible for all new clients that come into the firm. You must ensure that a client's experience with the New Client team is positive.
- Law graduates (LLB/GDL/LPC)*
- A definite interest in helping injured people
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Bright people - we want to progress and develop you in your career
*please note that the firm is happy to consider candidates who are currently studying their LPC part-time.
The New Client Team opening hours are:
Early Shift: 08.00 - 16.30 (1 hour lunch)
Middle Shift: 09:30 - 18.00 (1 hour lunch)
Late Shift: 13.00 - 21.00 (30 minutes lunch)
Saturday - Sunday: 10.00 - 18.00 (1 hour lunch)
Bank Holidays: 10.00 - 18.00(1 hour lunch)
You will work a 3 week pattern on an early, middle and late shift as dictated by your roster and one weekend in seven weeks.
You are entitled to one hour lunch break per day or 30 minutes on a late shift.
There will also be a smart phone rota, where one member of the team will take home a smart phone and answer any calls outside of office hours until 10pm. It is expected that this will be, one night every fortnight. A bonus will be payable on this night.
- Salary & Commission - the firm offer a great starting salary of £15,000, with a generous realistic commission structure, where 99% of their graduate team take home commission every single month.
- Definite progression - all of the firm's training contracts have been awarded to internal candidates. Half of the firm's partners did their training contracts with the firm.
- Excellent training - in addition to three appraisals per year, they provide all of their members of staff with personalised training and development plans, as well as one on one coaching and supervision.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Legal Graduate, Law Graduate, Graduate, Legal Assistant, Litigation Assistant, GDL, LPC, Costs Paralegal, Costs Litigation Assistant, Costs Draftsperson, Legal Executive, Legal Support Assistant, Law Graduate, Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Legal Executive, Legal Handler, Legal Secretary, Family Law Paralegal, Paralegal, Legal Aid will also be considered for this role.