Location: Sidmouth, Devon
Salary: circa £30k Negotiable DoE
Purpose: To manage all day-to-day kitchen preparation, production and service of food to guests, ensuring the smooth and cost effective running of food provision services.
- Ordering, stock control and appropriate storage of all products maintain correct levels of all essential foodstuffs.
- Maintain a flexible approach to ensure all guests’ reasonable requests are catered for, by close liaison with front of house team.
- Work with the Company’s other Head Chefs and Management to ensure economies of purchasing are maximised. Periodic and regular reviews of purchasing costs and budgets, liaising directly with suppliers.
- Maintain accurate records regarding ordering, purchasing, usage and costings.
- To gather all paperwork required in preparation for any stock take. For Dukes this is monthly and for hotels this will be twice a year.
- Minimise food wastage.
- Ensure kitchen staff are appropriately trained. Demonstrate and enforce the highest health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Complying with FSA ‘Safer Food Better Business’
- Health and safety of the kitchen, to include carrying out appropriate risk assessments, and the appropriate delegation of these tasks to team members.
- Preparation of staffing rota across all kitchens
- To write and prepare general menus and special event menus within the relevant timescales required.
- Liaising with the personnel department on any staff issues or rota queries.
- Attend management and supervisory meetings as required.
- To maintain a polite and courteous standard of service at all times and to follow routines to maintain teamwork for the smooth running of all kitchens.
Experience required in becoming a successful Head Chef:
- Previous experience working in a similar environment using fresh produce (all produce is prepared and cooked on-site)
- Ability to handle large quantities of orders while maintaining high standards as during busy season our client can reach up to 400 cover per day
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Head Chef role, then please apply now!