Mechanical Technician, Southampton
We have a vacancy for a fully qualified Mechanical Technician for an immediate start in Protyre’s busy fast fit centre based in Southampton.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will be required to provide efficient and effective customer service, maintain the highest quality of workmanship in relation to MOT’s and general servicing and repairs, ensuring that the work is carried out in line with Company and Ministry procedures.
As a Mechanical Technician you will:
* Be responsible carrying out repairs on a wide range of vehicles
* Complete various mechanical and servicing work
* Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. tyre fitting, brakes, suspension and exhausts
* Deliver excellent customer service
* Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements
Your responsibilities as a Mechanical Technician will include:
* To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures
* Remove and refit components, carry out related adjustments in accordance with technical standards
* Mechanical service and repairs a wide variety of vehicles
* Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames
* Able to work independently or as part of a busy team in a fast paced dynamic environment
Skills and Experience required for the role of Mechanical Technician:
* Hold an NVQ level 3 in a related subject or equivalent
* Have welding and tyre fitting capabilities be advantageous
* Hold a full driving licence
* Have automotive repairs experience
Hours and Rewards
As Mechanical Technician, you will work from 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 4pm on Saturdays on a rota basis.
There is a salary on offer of £20,000 to £24,000 per annum and Protyre also offers a bonus scheme, pension, staff discount and cycle to work scheme.
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Protyre. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Vehicle technician, cars, mechanic, tyres, automotive, motor, fast fit