Manager - Strategic Logistics - Europe
Job Elements: -
• To significantly reduce Freight Expense while improving service.
• Perform analytics required (i.e. identify, qualify, quantify) and takes action to significantly reduce global freight expense; that is,
• Source and select logistics service providers, negotiating best possible prices while adhering to scope of work required to meet business enterprise requirements.
• Select and manage Logistics Service Providers, integrating their services into a logistics network that ensures business objectives are met.
• Implement, control and measure Freight Cost Reduction programs, and take action to significantly reduce global freight expense and maximize the service/price benefit
• Manage the European logistics network’s service performance level to ensure consistent, reliable and timely delivery of orders to our customers.
• Participate and/or lead Projects and Teams involving logistics’ operations inside or outside of Europe.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 10+ years direct experience in the Logistics, Transportation, Distribution or Supply Chain functions. Experience working with an integrated Logistics Service Provider is a plus.
• Working knowledge of key International Trade Compliance regulations.
• Working knowledge of the regulations governing the transportation of Dangerous Goods by ground, sea and air.
• Proficiency using SAP and familiarity with its Logistics-related modules.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
• Fluency in English.
• Ideally certified Six-Sigma Green Belt.
• Ideally Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
• Ability to travel within and outside of Europe as required to meet position’s objectives.