Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Southampton Head Office
Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Elliotts is one of the oldest family businesses in the South. It has builders merchant branches in Bishops Waltham, Chandler's Ford, Christchurch, Fareham, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Romsey, Southampton, Tadley and Totton, meaning an Elliotts branch is never more than 20 minutes away from any building site in Hampshire. In addition, it has four kitchen and bathroom showrooms, two specialist tool centres open to the trade and public in Portsmouth and Winchester and its own roofing company, Elliotts Premier Roofing
Due to our success and growth plans we are now looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join our Finance team at our head office in Southampton.
Management Accountant Role:
This Management Accountant vacancy is a key role within the finance function, to assist in producing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual accounts for the company, but also to assist the Financial Controller with proactively improving processes and efficiencies. Providing accounting support and analysis for all staff and ensuring the provision of accurate accounting records.
Management Accountant Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation, development and analysis of key financial information as required by management to ensure that they are able to make well-informed decisions
- Development & preparation of monthly financial statements, including P&Ls, revenue cost allocations, variance analysis and commentaries
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts
- Provide support and training for Finance team
- Other ad-hoc financial and commercial duties to support the business as well as providing support to the Financial Controller
Management Accountant Requirements:
- CIMA or ACCA Qualified (essential)
- Previous experience in Management Accountant role
- Owned and seen through process changes and taken accountability for project work
- Proactive, confident, decision maker, perseverance, ability to challenge business processes, and follow through
- Highly organised with efficient time management and ability to prioritise accordingly
- Strong IT skills in MS Office, experience of using MS Dynamics would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, written and verbal Professional manner
- 40 hour, 8am-5pm Monday - Friday
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today for the chance of an early interview!