Facilities Assistant / Premises Maintenance Operative
Job Title: Facilities Assistant / Premises Maintenance Operative
Salary: £16,776 - £20,595 (dependent on qualifications) plus benefits including access to LGPS.
Location: Sparsholt, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Stockbridge, Eastleigh, Southampton, Romsey, Alton
Start Date: ASAP
This vacancy is based at Sparsholt College, Winchester but may well suit relevant candidates living within commutable distance.
Premises and Facilities Assistant / Premises Maintenance Operative Role:
Working as part of a team involving site maintenance and security duties you will work 37 hours per week on a rotating work pattern of early (6.00am to 2.00pm), middle (8.00am - 4.00pm) and late (1.30pm to 9.30pm) shifts. Or if you have craft qualifications you will be undertaking first line repairs to college buildings and infrastructure and be competent in a wide variety of crafts i.e. joinery, plumbing and general repairs.
The successful Premises and Facilities Assistant / Premises Maintenance Operative will be required to live on site one week in every six weeks to undertake site duty responsibilities.
The successful applicant will possess a friendly disposition, be a self- starter and able to work on their own initiative and enjoy working in an environment where there is constant interaction with young people.
Single accommodation at reduced rates in a shared house may be available on a permanent basis.
Premises and Facilities Assistant / Premises Maintenance Operative Benefits Include:
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 22 days plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
- Ability to purchase Child Care Vouchers
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Dog Kennelling facility on Sparsholt campus (subject to availability)
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive pricesThere is also a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Premises and Facilities Assistant / Premises Maintenance Operative to join a reputable college that offers its employees the chance of career progression and job security.
Closing Date for applications is the 21st November 2016!
Apply below today for the chance of an early interview