Business Development Coordinator
3 days left
- Part Time
Business Development Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
Salary: Circa £35,000 + bonus (pro rata), depending on experience
DesignPlusLight is a niche lighting design agency that offers a bespoke approach to creating innovative lighting schemes for clients. Our commissions range from high spec residential, commercial developments and the leisure market.
We are looking for a business development coordinator to work within our busy design consultancy to help the company grow to the next level. Working closely with the founding director, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities and turning them into viable projects
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within the market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging our network.
- Research and build relationships with new clients. Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with the team to develop proposals, plan approaches and pitches that speaks to the client’s needs.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service. Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate and managed within the company’s various management systems
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continually enhance the company’s performance.
- Manage company’s social media, coordinate newsletters and website updates with design staff.
- Manage marketing campaigns; liaise with company PR consultant to ensure a homogeneous company profile.
Business Development Coordinator Qualities:
Business development management positions usually require a bachelor’s degree and/or 2-5 years of sales or marketing experience, ideally within the architecture, design or building consultancy sectors. You will be motivated, self-starting, fluent with modern technologies and be able to write succinctly and alluringly
Other Business Development Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
Networking, Social Media, Persuasion, Prospecting, Presenting, Research, Pitch writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Initially a 4 day per week role that would extend as the company grows
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Business Development Coordinator role, then please apply now!
Apply for Business Development Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly