Technical Manager BLUT42538
Technical Manager BLUT42538
The Technical Manager works with site playing a leading role to ensure food safety, legality and quality of products produced in the factory. The Technical Manger manages the food safety and quality management system to comply with customer and legislative bodies. The Technical Manager manages the Quality department team and works with Operations, Engineering, NPD, Process and H&S departments to achieve the above compliance. Line management of the QA Manager.
Food Safety & Quality
Ensure that the HACCP document is up to date and that the Critical Control Points are implemented within the factory. Act upon legislation and guidelines to ensure that manufacturing is conducted legally. Management of the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure high quality products are produced in a food safe manufacturing environment.
Provide information and expertise to external customers on all Food safety and quality related matters. Attend customers meetings and tasting sessions. Comply with the customers standards and policies. Complete customer reports as required in a timely manner. The Technical manager is the key contact for all site visits and audits.
Be the main contact for customer audits. Liaise with customers, 3rd party and governmental auditors, manage the audit process and work with the site to implement agreed corrective actions.
Maintain standards and discipline within the department. Train and guide those working within the department, work with Human Resources to resolve any issues as they occur. Prepare and carry out recruitment and joint agreements.
Management Information Systems
Ensure the department operates within budget.
Work with finance to reforecast the budget throughout the year as required.
Work the other site to ensure the Meal Solutions budget is met.
Complete internal reports as required
Training and Development
Ensure all members of the Technical Department are suitably trained to carry out their duties.
Arrange training according to gaps in individual’s skills with the aid of the HR department.
Generic Management Responsibilities
▪ Ensure personnel forms are completed.
▪ Ensure completion of all necessary recruitment documentation.
▪ Ensure inductions are delivered to all new employees.
▪ Contribute to upkeep of weekly Human Resources statistics.
▪ Ensure absence management and control procedures are maintained.
▪ Conduct Return to Work interviews with direct reports.
▪ Monitor and manage employee performance.
▪ Maintain high standards of discipline involving appropriate procedure where necessary.
▪ Respond swiftly to grievance matters maintaining confidentiality.
▪ Carry out annual appraisal reviews with all employees.
▪ Support identified training and development needs for direct reports.
Involvement in delivery of team brief to support a two way communication.
The post holder is expected to carryout the following duties in order to fulfill the position to a satisfactory level:
▪ Adhere to Company’s Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies.
▪ Ensure high quality standards and hygiene are maintained.
▪ Adhere to Company Financial procedures.
▪ Respect individual and Company confidentiality rights.
▪ Demonstrate a positive and committed attitude.
▪ Support a culture of continuous improvement.
▪ Show commitment to personal and team development.
▪ Demonstrate a flexible approach.
The role is based at the NCGSCo factory in Peterborough, there is a requirement for travel to customers and suppliers. There is the requirement to travel to other sites within our clients Group especially the Grimsby soup and ready meal factory but only on a limited ad hoc basis.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.