Hours: Full time, regular weekends off and 3pm finishes £18-20k per annum
A fantastic opportunity to join a premium care home providing care for 60 older people. This key role Chef is responsible for first class home-made food. We are looking for someone with a genuine love for food and commitment to quality.
We need a good 'all-rounder' Food is a vital part of our residents' lives and this role is key to our quality of care. We can offer reasonable working hours inc. regular weekends off and early finishes. We have a top class, spacious kitchen & ingredients and high skilled team. Freedom to express yourself and demonstrate your culinary skills.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Chef include;
* The preparation and serving of high quality food and ensuring that standard is maintained every day
* Ensuring local authority 5* hygiene rating compliance is maintained.
* Compliance with Care Quality commission nutritional standards for older people.
* Communicating effectively with colleagues, management and residents.
Candidate requirements for the Chef vacancy:
* Level 2-3 in professional cookery or equivalent
* Knowledge of therapeutic diets
* Knowledge of COSHH and HACCP
* Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
* Possess good judgement, problem solving, and decision making skills
* A passion for baking and British classics
* Effective time keeping and time management
* Follow instructions; work in a clean efficient manner. Work as a team
* Ordering and stock taking.
To be considered for this vacancy click 'Apply Now' and forward a copy of your CV and covering letter. One week trial and permanent great job for right candidate