A Grammar School in Bexley are looking to appoint an English Teacher from January 2017.
This school includes a sixth form where several pupils take up places at Oxbridge and many attend Russell Group Universities .
The School has excellent transport links just 10 minutes from the M25 (junction 3) or 25 mins from Central London by train. The School teaches with high expectations, striving to ensure pupils fulfil their potential.
The English department are committed, enthusiatic and enjoy teaching their subject. They are passionate about their subject and have clear expectations that all their students can acheive at each Key Stage. 2016 GCSE results were 98% A*-C for English Language & Literature combined.
If you can add to a well qualified teaching team and are interested in this role then the successful candidate will be required to:
* Plan, prepare and teach inspiring English lessons at KS3 and KS4 (therefore a detailed knowledge of the curriculum is crucial)
* Participate in and organise relevant extra-curricular activities
* Assist colleagues within your department
* Monitor pupil's progress and keep records of their development, as well as preparing them for external examinations & qualifications
To be considered for this role, you must hold:
* Qualified Teacher Status & eligibility to work in the UK
* A valid DBS (Randstad can facilitate a DBS application if required)
* Relevant recent teaching experience
* A good relevant first degree.
If successful you will receive:
* A competitive daily rate
* Good standards of behaviour & a supportive leadership team
* A high quality continuing personal development plan
All applicants will be subject to Randstad's compliance procedures.
Due to time constraints interviews and lesson observations will be held as and when the right applications are received. If you have notice to give you are strongly advised to apply as the school will wait for the right candidate.