Chemistry Teacher Required in South East London.
Randstad Education are working with a school in Bromley, South East London who are looking to appoint a Chemistry Teacher for a fixed term from January 2017 until the end of the 2016/2017 academic year.
The role has arisen due to the incumbent taking a sabbatical for six months. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, motivated, forward thinking Science Teacher who can inspire and make a positive impact on the students.
You will be teaching Chemistry to KS4 as well as undertaking General Science Lessons as part of the departmental timetable for KS3.
If you are interested in this role then the successful candidate will be required to:
* Plan, prepare and teach General Science lessons at KS3 and Chemistry to KS4 (therefore a detailed knowledge of the curriculum is crucial)
* Participate in and organise relevant extra-curricular activities
* Assist colleagues within your department
* Monitor pupil's progress and keep records of their development, as well as preparing them for external examinations & qualifications
To be considered for this role, you must hold:
* Qualified Teacher Status & eligibility to work in the UK
* A valid DBS (Randstad can facilitate a DBS application if required)
* Relevant recent teaching experience
* A first degree in a science based specialism
If successful you will receive:
* A competitive daily rate
* Good standards of behaviour & a supportive leadership team
* A high quality continuing personal development plan
All applicants will be subject to Randstad's compliance procedures.
Due to time constraints interviews and lesson observations will be held as and when the right applications are received. If you have notice to give you are strongly advised to apply as the school will wait for the right candidate.