You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted Media Group Technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world. Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions….and so much more!
Schibsted Products & Technology is a new start-up within Schibsted. Our brief is to challenge the status quo, keep an open mind and create the tools, platforms and services of tomorrow, so we want attitude as well as technical knowledge. Schibsted is organized in a matrix of four geographies and five global functions, enabling us to deliver better products whilst strengthening our ecosystem strategy. With 200 million monthly active users we are already harnessing huge amounts of date to provide insights on a global scale. Now we are building the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create date and identity-based ecosystems.
Duties and responsibilities of the role
The successful candidates shall carry out the following:
- conduct market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers as well as analysis of product data;
- craft product strategy that executes on Schibsted vision and harmonize with other product strategies in the group;
- develop go-to-market plans, positioning messaging and all elements related to the business case;
- communicate internally and externally to evangelize vision and inspire all stakeholder to get them on the same page;
- working with UX translating research into deep understanding of the target users, their needs and how to deliver product value and delight;
- work with engineering lead to initiate and prioritize projects, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods including what parts to build vs. buy;
- work with design and UX creating preliminary design concepts and work closely with engineering to implement and iterate them;
- develop product launch plans together with engineering, marketing and sales and finally launch product; and
- measure and evaluate how the product is used to ensure that the product solves the right problem, users understand it and, if applicable, they are willing to pay.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
The successful candidates should possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- firm understanding of the development of go-to-market plans, positioning, messaging and all elements related to the business case;
- an aptitude for applying organizational, analytical and problem solving skills to product development and strategy;
- ability to develop product launch plans together with engineering, marketing and sales and finally launch product;
- excellent analytical and problem solving aptitude combined with brilliant communication skills;
- outstanding product instincts and creativity combined with a passion for digital media and advertising products;
- ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide hands-on leadership;
- understand and be able to communicate with all types of internal and external stakeholders;
- expert understanding of interaction and visual design principles;
- an excellent understanding of how technical teams work and an ability to provide leadership to technical teams so the products can be launched with maximum effectiveness;
- very user centric mindset, users should drive their decisions (not internal view) and they should be comfortable running out on the street to show design to someone for feedback;
- extensive experience of interaction and design experience;
- extensive app experience;
- experience in working across different markets and countries;
- proven track record to take full ownership of products from conceptual ideas to actual launch; and
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other Science field.
Posting date: 08 November 2016
Closing date: 05 December 2016