November 2016 - July 2017
Are you looking for your next step into teaching, would you like to work in a good secondary school in the Kirklees area?
We are working with a large secondary school in Kirklees who are looking for a Cover Supervisor to start immediately; the role will be full time on a temporary basis. The school is aspirational, ambitious, forward thinking and dedicated to educational success. They strive for excellence in everything they do and are committed to securing great futures for their pupils. The school has been awarded 'Top 100 Most Improved Schools in the UK' and in 2015 their GCSE increased significantly to 55% of their learners achieving the highest A*-C grades at GCSE including English and Mathematics. The majority of their subjects are above national average and they were one of only 6 schools in Kirklees to exceed their challenging targets set by the council. The school made more progress than any other school in Kirklees this year thanks to their hard work of their staff and learners.
- Supervise classes of 11-16 year olds in the absence of their teacher.
- Manage behaviour in line with the school policy.
- Deliver lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum
- Leave completed work and observation notes for the class teacher.
- Have experience of working in a classroom and a genuine passion for working with children.
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills and a general knowledge of the secondary curriculum.
- Have an understanding of SEN and inclusion.
- Be able to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Be organised, calm and be able to use your own initiative at all times
- Be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to hear more about this position, please apply online.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks