Community Care Assistant / Support Worker / Carer
Job Title: Community Support Worker
Location: Farnborough and Camberley, Surrey
Salary: £7.50 - £9.75 (Dependent on level of experience) + Mileage
The company is a family owned company with a friendly team working for them, and a strong, supportive management team. Their directors and managers are highly motivated towards maintaining relations, so they invest time to ensure they know the clients they care for and the staff who care for them. They are a company who believe the individual comes first and working together as a team leads to success.
The company has a strong ethos of person-centred care and as dignity champions; they believe strongly in enhancing lives and striving for excellence.
The company provides all training, with yearly updates and fund training development to provide career progression support. They are keen to invest in promoting their staff from within and seek to support staff to achieve their goals. Respect is a key element of the company to ensure each and every individual feels valued.
The company maintains a strong ethos of person-centred care, which means the individual should always be at the centre of the care provided. As a support worker for the company, they expect you to respect the needs and wishes of individual Service Users and to promote independence at all times when assisting with all aspects of daily living.
In accordance with CQC regulations, clients should be provided choice and given, where possible, the opportunity and means to retain their independence. Therefore, the work requires you to be respectful and courteous of others, capable of working with others and thus good communication skills are vital.
It is important to maintain a friendly, welcoming, cheerful and helpful disposition when engaging with clients so as to ensure an atmosphere that puts people at ease.
- To assist/enable Service Users with personal care - washing, bathing, personal hygiene, dressing, toileting and continence care.
- To assist/enable Service Users with meal preparation.
- To assist Service Users with light domestics associated with the previous responsibilities, such as washing up, bed making and laundry.
- To assist/enable Service Users to comply with their prescribed medication and to maintain records as required.
- Must be willing to work towards Common Induction Standards and Care Skills Certificate.
- Understanding of care provision, in either paid/voluntary capacity (this can include care for friends'/family members).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach
- Kind and Friendly
- Ability to display empathy and warmth.
- Self-motivated with a commitment to complete all tasks
- Presentable and professional at all times.
- Valid Driving licence.
- Able to use initiative and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to cope with change.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Community Care Assistant, CCA, Community Support Worker, Care Assistant, Support Worker, Enabler, Carer, Care Worker, Care Helper, Care Management, Care Assist, Support Coordinator, Care Manager, Support Manager, Care Coordinator may also be considered for this role.